BMW has announced the price of the R nine T Scrambler – and although the price is for the German market only, it gives us a good idea on where it’s aimed in the market.
The R nine T Scrambler is listed as being on sale for 13,000 Euros which includes the German 19% VAT. That works out to be just over £10,800.
The market launch of the model has also been announced and will happen on July 17.
- Air/oil-cooled 2-cylinder boxer engine with a capacity of 1 170 cc. Output 81 kW (110bhp) at 7 750rpm, maximum torque 116Nm at 6 000 rpm.
- Modular frame concept with removable passenger frame offering a range of variations.
- Classic wheel suspension by means of telescopic fork at front and Paralever at rear.
- Large 19-inch front wheel as is typical of a Scrambler.
- Axially mounted 4-piston brake calipers, steel-wrapped brake lines,
320-millimetre brake discs and ABS.
- Raised exhaust fitted close to the body with twin silencer.
- Upright seating position in classic Scrambler style.
- Stitched seat in patinised leather look.
- Designed to be customised.