Guy Martin has been confirmed to take part in the Burt Munro Challenge from November 24 to 27, in New Zealand.
Guy recently returned from the US where he attempted to break the world land speed record with Triumph. Although the elusive world record wasn’t broken, he did pilot the Infor Triumph to the fastest ever speed for a Triumph-powered machine at 274.2mph.
Burt Munro Challenge is a celebration of Burt’s life and achievements, including his three world land speed records at the Bonneville salt flats – achievements that Guy can certainly appreciate.
The challenge consists of different races:
- Bluff Hill Climb – Thursday 24th
- Super-X (Winton) – Thursday evening 24th
- Beach Race – Friday evening 25th
- Teretonga Race Circuit – Saturday 26th
- Oreti Park Speedway – Saturday evening 26th
- Invercargill Street Race – Sunday 27th
We understand that Guy will be competing in at least the hill climb, beach race and street race, but there might be some surprises in his schedule.