Norton has launched the new Norton Commando 961 California. The bike is a high-end, dressed Commando with pull-back bars, American-Dream style pipes and a host of modern bits.
In typically flowery-fashion, Norton describes the bike as being: “The easy riding roadster, A classic hand built English roadster has heart, passion and a soul.
“The California oozes all of these qualities and more; timeless style, classic looks with the best of current performance components in ABS Brembo brakes, Ohlins suspension and that fabulous hand made Norton chassis. The California is available immediately”
Norton added that it will announce a very special price offer this week around the firm’s 50th Anniversary of the Commando.
Norton 961 California 50th Anniversary Special Specs (that we know):
– Ohlins ‘Roadholder’ front forks and Ohlins rear twin shock
– ABS Brembo brakes
– Handmade Norton Chassis with Ohlins chassis pack and sprocket
– Semi-Ape hanger bars
– Chrome headlamp and chain guard
– Classic style silver cylinder head and black barrel combo
– Aftermarket exhausts available
– Carbon-fibre front mudguard, tyre hugger and numberplate holder
Available in four unique liveries, with a bike cover and paddock stand to suit