Some riders never ride without one, even in summer, and not wearing one in winter is just plain mad. Neck tubes not only keep draughts and rain out of your jacket, they can also reduce the amount of noise getting into your helmet. Aside from standard tubes, there are ones specifically designed for winter use. Some use microfleece, some have wind stopping capabilities.
Here’s what to look for:
- Fit is crucial. You need to check you can still do up your jacket properly without your neck feeling squeezed.
- How a neck tube fits and feels inside your helmet – can you turn your head when wearing it?
- Thick tubes are not necessarily the warmest – they add unwanted bulk.
- Make sure you like the material: you don’t want something that feels scratchy or irritates your skin
- Try on as many different brands as you can to see what works best with your riding kit and you – motorcycle shows such as the upcoming Carole Nash Motorcycle Live at the NEC are a good place for this.
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.