Disc Locks Gear Gremlin Firefly disc lock £16.99 www.thekeycollection.co.uk
Small and portable, the Firefly Disc Lock is easy to carry in a bag and could be stashed under the seat of most bikes. Its body is made from zinc alloy and the locking pin 5mm diameter. Supplied with a carry pouch. Available in chrome, yellow or red
Oxford Monster Ultra Strong Disc lock £64.99 www.oxprod.com
11mm hardened Ni-Cr-Mo alloy steel shackle and anti tamper locking mechanism. To make it even better, it can be used with a chain too. Comes complete with a pouch and minder cable as well as a replacement key service. Approved by Sold Secure to motorcycle gold standard and Thatcham approved. Available in yellow and back
XENA XX14 alarmed disc lock £74.99 www.motohaus.com
Featuring a lithium CR2 long-life battery, this alarm puts out 120db – that’s about the same as a jet engine or a rock concert – to put off would-be thieves. It’s approved also by
- Check your insurance documents – often insurance companies will set out the ways in which your bike needs to be protected in order for them to pay out.
- Look for ‘Thatcham Approved’ or ‘Sold Secure’ ratings when choosing security products.
- When chaining up your bike, keep slack out of the chain to keep it (and the lock) off the ground – this makes it a lot harder for thieves to attack it.
- Parking your bike in a public place can help, but don’t rely on harassed shoppers to take much notice of a bike alarm, or even a balaclava-wearing hoodlum wheeling a bike into onto a trailer.
- A disk-lock is a handy deterrent, but a thief can always pop the wheel on a skateboard to make it easier to roll your bike into a van.
- Always use the best possible security you can, but a massive chain will only secure your bike if you actually use it.
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.