Gear Gremlin Ground Anchor £39.99 www.thekeycollection.co.uk
Floor or wall mountable, with four high-tensile bolts, this anchor gives the perfect anchor point for your chain or lock. It features a tough, 14mm alloy steel shackle – which sits flush to help stop the irritating habit of tripping over it. It also has a tough polypropylene covering to help prevent damage and corrosion.
Oxford Ground Anchor £59.99 www.oxprod.com
This double layered and hardened ground anchor is Sold Secure gold standard approved and comes complete with all fittings and instructions to keep your beloved two wheeled machine safe.
Bumpstop Motorcycle Stand £150 www.bumpstop.co.uk
Thatcham approved and made from powder coated 3mm stainless steel, this device enables you to move and store your bike safely. You can put your bike in forwards or backwards and it will hold it upright and securely. It’s used by police and the MoD, so its heavy duty stuff. The makers claim theyknow of no motorcycles stolen from the Thatcham approved unit. Did we mention Giacomo Agostini uses one too?
- Check your insurance documents – often insurance companies will set out the ways in which your bike needs to be protected in order for them to pay out.
- Look for ‘Thatcham Approved’ or ‘Sold Secure’ ratings when choosing security products.
- When chaining up your bike, keep slack out of the chain to keep it (and the lock) off the ground – this makes it a lot harder for thieves to attack it.
- Parking your bike in a public place can help, but don’t rely on harassed shoppers to take much notice of a bike alarm, or even a balaclava-wearing hoodlum wheeling a bike into onto a trailer.
- A disk-lock is a handy deterrent, but a thief can always pop the wheel on a skateboard to make it easier to roll your bike into a van.
- Always use the best possible security you can, but a massive chain will only secure your bike if you actually use it.
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.