Alpinestars is about to launch its Spring 2017 collection and here’s a couple of sneak peeks at two new elements from it.
First up is the firms’ new Air Plus V2 Gore-Tec XCR Boot. No price for these as yet, expect that soon, but here’s what we do have from the Italian company so far:
Sizes: 36-50 EUR
The Air Plus V2 Gore-Tex XCR Boot’s innovative design features a waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX XCR membrane layered under a well
ventilated mesh outer construction that ensures your feet stay comfortably dry in all-weather conditions. Dual-density ankle protectors together with internal heel and toe counters provide exceptional safety and support.
• Ergonomic new last for foot streamlining and superior fit and comfort.
• Air mesh main construction is layered with highly breathable materials for
superior ventilation and features over-injected soft PU reinforcements.
• Full grain leather on medial panel offers comfort and durability.
• Strategically positioned perforation zones on front and rear full
grain leather accordions for enhanced ventilation.
• Waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex XCR membrane provides outstanding weather
protection and ensures the feet stay comfortably dry in all conditions.
• Microfiber with technical texture plus shift pad, for more impact protection and durability.
• Medial side entry opening/closure zipper system with wide velcro closure.
Velcro tab locks the zip pull closed, keeping it flat and secure.
• Wide opening aperture for ease of access.
• Internal toe box protection is layered under the upper for improved feel and performance.
• Seamlessly integrated molded shin protector affords exceptional impact protection.
• Double layer reinforcement under the shin plate affords exceptional impact protection.
• Internal heel and toe counters for enhanced structural integrity.
• Injected PU shifter area ensures high levels of comfort and durability.
• Rear reflective insert for improved nighttime visibility.
• New removable anatomic footbed includes EVA and Lycra for comfort and support.
• Alpinestars’ exclusive compound rubber sole for optimal combination of grip and comfort.
• Contoured, injected high modulus polyamide midsole prevents excessive deformation of
the boot during an impact event while maintaining high levels of comfort and control.
• The Air Plus V2 Gore-Tex XCR V2 boot is CE certified.
And here’s the Sektor Tech Hoodie. Think of it as an armoured, aramidic fibre, shower-proof hoodie for commuting in. Alpinestars is aiming this more at the scooter riders but we think it’s going to be pretty popular with the naked bike market too.
Size: S to 4XL
The Sektor Tech Hoodie, designed for urban riding, features a water-repelling treatment and strategically positioned aramidic fiber reinforcements
for excellent abrasion resistance. A detachable storm hood increases the weather versatility of this technical hoodie which is designed to be worn
underneath an outer jacket or on its own.
• Technical softshell main chassis constructed incorporating a water-repelling reinforcement
to protect against light rainfall, plus mesh lining interior to aid breathability.
• Internal aramidic fiber reinforcements strategically positioned on elbows,
shoulders and back for class-leading abrasion resistance.
• CE certified shoulder and elbow protectors are removable, allowing
jacket to be worn in a variety of outdoor situations.
• Newly developed shoulder protection features over-molded advanced TPU guard
layered under the outer fabric for optimized levels of protection and comfort.
• Water-resistant zippers on main chassis and pockets include PU ridges
which close tightly behind slider to seal out elements.
• High collar construction with comfort lining offers increased weather coverage and comfort.
• Reflective detailing on the sleeve, plus rear reflective logo improves rider’s visibility.
• Detachable storm hood is fixed with zip and velcro and offers versatility and convenience.
• Interior waterproof wallet/document compartment with MP3 conduit.
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.