During FP3 of the TIM Italy San Marino and Riviera di Rimini Grand Prix,Valentino Rossi wore a special helmet with highly coloured personalised graphics as he always does for his home race.
Just a few miles from Tavullia, the Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli has a special place in Valentino’s heart both for the reception he gets from his fans plus the fact that he knows every bump and bend on the track where he first started racing.
Valentino has always had a very strong connection with his home and so decided to include some distinctive images of his affection in the graphics on his helmet.
On the chin guard of his carbon fibre PistaGP are the words taken from a famous Italian advertising jingle that went on to become a motto: “Misano, ci dà una mano”. Misano gives us a hand’. The yellow number 46 and AGV logo sit above the nape of the neck. These two symbols have accompanied Valentino throughout his incredible career. The number 58 is a posthumous dedication to his great friend Marco Simoncelli.
The sky blue background enhances the other brilliant, fluorescent colours. The colours are exhilarating on this helmet and almost resemble a children’s game. This only goes to show that despite now being 35, the “Dottore” can still play. The hand prints on the helmet belong to the skilful hands of the Team Movistar Yamaha MotoGP mechanics who are, as ever, ready to help Vale in this his home race with their experience and expertise . The “usual suspects” are still there: the paw prints of Valentino’s dogs, Cesare and Cecilia and those of his cat Rossano. There are also lipstick kisses from the women in his life – his Mum Stefania and his girlfriend Linda. The fingerprint on the helmet is of his friend and designer Aldo Drudi, who is his constant companion in these creative adventures.
Following his podium finish at Misano, Valentino said: “Different hands touch my bike every day, hands that work with me, the hands of engineers or of Galbusera; but there are also other hands like those of my mother and my girlfriend, and these spur me on just as much”. A home Grand Prix is alway important for a rider where he has the opportunity to shine in front of his own fans and this “helping hand” can often make a huge difference. In this race, he got that hand and there was no doubt about it.
A limited edition Corsa Valentino Rossi replica helmet will be available from February with an SRP of £799.99.
The Corsa is a supersport helmet which combines the performance of the Pista GP with road going characteristics such as adjustable ventilation and improved comfort without having to forgo the performance standards of the GP version. AGV Extreme Standards Helmets have now been launched. This innovative process revolutionises helmet design with the simple aim of demonstrably improving protection, ergonomics, comfort, reliability and environmental impact. Made in Italy and protection of the environment: the Corsa is designed and made in Italy by highly qualified craftsmen using the very latest technology. These helmets are manufactured using the best technologies with great effort invested in protecting the environment. Waterjet technology is used to cut the carbon fibre shells, the painting system uses eco-compatible water based paints and a dust suppression/residue treatment system is in operation throughout the entire factory.
• Shell: SSL (Super Super Light) in fibreglass, aramid and Carbon fibre
• N° of shells: 4 shell sizes
• Fabric: Breathable Lycra® and Shalimar with sanitising treatment
• Liners: fully removable and washable
• Ventilation system IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) ventilation with large air ducts on the shell
• Air vents with open/close mechanism.
• Visor mechanism XQRS (Extra Quick Release System) in metal with swivel opening. Microlock front locking and visor micro-opening system. Quick release system for tool-free removal and replacement of the visor in seconds.
• Visor: Flat RACE, Class 1 optical standard, non-scratch, antifog visor (4 layers) with wide field of vision and tear-off strips.
• Double D retention system
• Removable nose guard
• Removable windproof chin strap protection
• Sizes: XS – S – MS – ML – L – XL – XXL
Find your nearest Team AGV dealer at www.agv.co.uk
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.