The RAC has released details of the most common reasons for a motorcycle breakdown. Armed with this knowledge, you’ll know what to keep an eye out for and keep riding…
- Flat battery
- Mechanical engine failure
- Damaged / flat tyre
- Alternator fault
- Carburettor / fuel injection fault
- Road traffic accident
- Starter motor fault
- Engine management (ECU) fault
- Ignition coil failure
- Flooded engine (wet plugs)
- Wiring loom / ignition fault
- Drive chain
So now you know! There are a few unavoidable ones there, and we hope number six is never an issue for you, but a flat battery, flooded engine and a worn chain are all avoidable, so keep on top of your maintenance and avoid making that call!
For more information about riding abroad and different motoring regulations per country go to: RAC Motorbike Insurance.
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.