Launched in 2012 and featuring all-new dual-compound hybrid technology, a unique four-plate structure, the Knox Meta-Sys back protector is updated and improved for 2015. The new Meta-Sys back protector offers more protection, less weight and is fully certified to level two of the latest CE standard.
The Meta-Sys is constructed using a ’hard’ polypropylene outer shell to dissipate impact, combined with a lightweight Nitrex inner layer for superior energy absorption and protection against multiple impacts. It exceeds Level 2 of the tough new EN 1621-2:2014 back protector standard; the mean transmitted force is less than 6kN in each of the 10 tests. In fact some tests showed just 3kN. The Meta-Sys offers the same level of protection in extreme temperatures, ranging from -20 to +40C, something that few other protectors achieve.
This increased protection hasn’t come at the expense of weight; the 2015 Meta-Sys weighs just 1.08kg. Lighter than most full carbon motorcycle helmets.
EN 1621-2:2014 assesses the performance of protective devices by measuring the force transmitted through it when impacted by a falling mass of 5kg. Protectors subjected to the test are deemed to conform to the standard if the average transmitted force of 10 tests is less than 18 kN for Level 1 protectors and 9 kN for Level 2.
All Knox back protectors have a 5 year service life. This means the materials used in the products will not naturally degrade over this time span. This excludes accident damage, general wear and tear, exposure to extreme conditions or substances that may cause adverse effects (petrol, oil, etc).
Constructed in four sections that move independently, the Meta-Sys allows unrestricted movement and flexibility. It automatically lengthens and shortens as the rider bends and straightens, for complete coverage and comfort, and comes in three torso lengths for optimum fit.
Additional features include:
- Air induction system for ventilation
- Multi adjustment system on the waist for a tailored fit
- Extra side adjustment straps give a more secure fit against the spine
- Quick release soft shoulder straps can cross over for increased comfort
- Optional Knox CE Approved Chest protector
The Meta-Sys is available from all authorised Knox retailers at £129.99. See it on the Knox stand at Motorcycle Live this November, (3C10).
For more information contact Knox: 01900 825825 or visit www.planet-knox.com
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.