Three models of the new BMW R 1200 R will be available from 07 February 2015, each with a unique paintscheme and selection of factory-fit options as standard. The standard R 1200 R is available from £10,250 on the road.
BMW Motorrad UK offers special edition models to take advantage of even better value packages of accessories and factory-fit options, and to improve residual values for used bikes in the future. Customers can also specify their own additional options to create a truly bespoke motorcycle.
BMW R 1200 R prices and special editions
R 1200 R – £10,250 OTR
The baseline model for the new R 1200 R has redefined the Boxer-twin roadster, balancing dynamic riding, long-distance ability and modern stylish looks. Powered by the 125hp air/liquid-cooled engine from the R 1200 GS, the new R 1200 R is all-new from the ground up. Offered exclusively in bright Cordoba blue, it features ABS, ASC traction control and two power modes as standard.
- Exclusively in Cordoba blue
- ABS as standard
- Automatic Stability Control (ASC)
- Road & Rain riding modes
- £10,250 OTR
R 1200 R Sport – £11,060 OTR
For riders seeking an even more dynamic motorcycle, the R 1200 R Sport offers a host of performance- and aesthetics-enhancing features as standard. Available exclusively in White with a contrasting red frame and ‘R’ logo on the tank, the Sport model comes with Dynamic Traction Control, Gear Shift Assist Pro and a unique engine spoiler and stylish screen on the instrument panel.
- Exclusively in White with red frame & logo
- Engine spoiler & instrument screen
- Dynamic Traction Control (DTC)
- Riding Modes Pro
- Gear Shift Assist Pro
- Daytime Riding Light
- LED indicators
- Stainless steel tank cover
- £11,060 OTR
R 1200 R Exclusive – £11,910 OTR
The already impressive long-range comfort of the R 1200 R is enhanced further with the Exclusive edition, which comes with BMW Motorrad’s semi-active suspension and Electronic Suspension Adjustment as standard. Offered in a timeless Thunder Grey metallic with elegant gold forks, the Exclusive has the potential to cross continents.
- Exclusively in Thunder Grey metallic
- Gold forks
- Stainless steel tank cover
- Gold-anodised brake callipers
- Dynamic Electronic Suspension Adjustment
- Cruise Control
- Centre Stand
- Luggage rack
- Pannier fastenings
- Onboard Computer
- Preparation for GPS
- £11,910 OTR
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.