Join BMW Motorrad UK, Dakar legend Simon Pavey and adventurer Charley Boorman for an amazing weekend of on and off-road riding, exploration and fun challenges in South Wales. Building on the success of previous events, the 2015 GS Trophy UK will be the biggest and best ever.
Founded in 2008, the BMW Motorrad GS Trophy is part of an ongoing series of national and international events for BMW owners. Countries around the world host their own events and share the ‘GS spirit’ of adventure and exploration.
- Entry costs just £99 for a weekend of riding, camping, entertainment and activities – to book click here
- An enjoyable and fun event suitable for riders of all abilities and experience levels
- Prizes on offer for riders of all levels – with three finalists winning an incredible all-expenses paid off-road riding experience
- Held near BMW Off Road Skills in South Wales over Sunday 24 and Monday 25 May 2015
- Spectators – especially family and friends – are welcome to cheer on the riders and will be able to enjoy the atmosphere over the weekend
- Riders must own a BMW motorcycle which they will be using to travel between locations in the Brecon Beacons
- Competitors will use BMW’s own fleet of GS motorcycles for the off-road challenges
- A dedicated campsite with catering and facilities is provided close to the event – with local accommodation also available here
- Limited places are available on an optional practice day on Saturday 23 May 2015 for £249 – to book click here
- Customers can also book a place on the GS Trophy UK by calling 08000 131 282 or visiting www.offroadskills.com
BMW Off Road Skills Chief Instructor Simon Pavey said: “We are inviting riders of all abilities to join us for the GS Trophy UK in May. Building on previous events, this year’s Trophy will be the biggest and best yet with the most riders ever taking part. What’s more, I’m going to have some help hosting the event from my friend Charley Boorman. We will be sending riders off to have adventures around the Brecon Beacons, including off-road riding events and navigation challenges.
“Visitors to South Wales will be able to enjoy a mini ‘GS festival’ with riding activities and challenges during the day and a great communal fun atmosphere with food and entertainment in the evenings. Importantly, the event is not a race, but an experience designed to capture the spirit of the GS, the exploration and the enjoyment adventure riding should bring. It will be a lot of fun and a great weekend of motorcycling. While there will be some fantastic prizes on offer, including an amazing trip for the three winners, the real fun of the event is taking part and sharing the experience.”
There will be a range of amazing prizes on offer not only for the best riders, but for people showing the true ‘GS spirit’, for getting involved in the event and teamwork. The three riders selected as the ‘champions’ of the event will win an unforgettable off-road riding experience – which will be revealed at a later date.
Open to amateur off-road riders, the GS Trophy UK will involve road-riding routes on their own BMW motorcycle and off-road riding on the BMW Off Road Skills fleet of GS motorcycles. Riders of all abilities can take part, with instructors on hand to offer tips and advice. Tasks in the past have included obstacle courses, trials sections, teamwork exercises, navigation challenges and wildcard surprise events to keep you on your toes.
While the objective of the weekend is to select three riders to win a fantastic off-road riding experience as the grand prize, riders of all abilities and ages are invited to take part and experience a taste of what BMW Off Road Skills has to offer. Each challenge will be overseen by an instructor, ensuring that everyone has the chance to complete it.
Entrants must be aged 21 or over and have a current full motorcycle licence
Entrants must own a BMW motorcycle and will be asked to prove this with a V5 document
Entrants will use their own motorcycle for road riding and must have insurance, MOT and road tax
To qualify for the final prize, entrants must hold a UK passport
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.