From the beginning of March, all Kawasaki road bike customers in the UK will receive a unique ‘history key’ as part of their ownership package, called K.PAC.
The USB device – which is believed to be unique in the motorcycle industry – has been designed to carry essential information such as the motorcycle service history, dealer and customer-added notes, as well as any recall information.
Accessed via your initially free Club Kawasaki membership, the History Key is intended to replace the hard copy service book, as Mark Spiller of Kawasaki’s Marketing Department explains, to create an easy to access and updateable point of reference.
“The basic idea came about as a result of one of our regular dealer seminars. It was suggested that something like a USB stick could be a great way for both the dealer and customer to build up a digital history and have all the important information for a given machine in the same place.
“We hope that this easy to access and update device will be as useful as the other elements in K.PAC such as free membership of the RAC and Kawasaki Riders Club, making the purchase of a motorcycle the most complete customer experience possible”.
- Branded USB key fob
- Issued to all customers as part of K.PAC
- Recall data can be included
- Service History stored – updated
- Customer / Dealer Info included
- Customer can add notes
- Dealer updates when customer visits dealership
What do you think of the ‘history key’? Would you like more manufactures to follow suit? Tell us…
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.