The Prescott Bike Festival will take place on Sunday, April 12 at the home of the prestigious Bugatti Owners Club in Cheltenham (GL52 9RD). Advanced tickets are £12 and cost £15 on the gate – all event proceeds go to the Nationwide Association of Blood Bikes and Severn Freewheelers.
The 2015 Festival will feature large displays of historic, modern and race bikes, plus a Paddock Specials Show ‘n’ Tell area, motorcycle manufacturers, dealer zone, motorcycle clubs, demo areas, passenger rider experiences, live music, stunt show, biker celebrity appearances and hundreds of trade stands. All this, as well as being able to watch bikes as they run the historic hill climb course.
For the first time, the Festival is offering Test Rides on the KTM Adventure fleet, including the 1290 Super Adventure, 1190 or 1050 Adventure.
Classic fans are treated too with Bantam, AJS, BSA, Rudge, Royal Enfield, Douglas, Manxman, Ariel, Matchless and Norton machines at the show.
Here are just a selection of the attendees:
- A prototype 1927 Velocette KSS 350cc – affectionately known by enthusiasts across the world as ‘Spring-Heeled Jack’, the only one ever built at Hall Green, Birmingham
- A 1959 Norton Dominator 650DD Special
- A 1962 Honda RC163 250cc 4-cylinder racer replica as ridden by Jim Redman and Mike Hailwood
- The iconic 1962 BSA Rocket Gold Star 650cc – a genuine original – 1 of only 1370 built
- A 1963 Norton Manx 350cc Reverse Head built by Ray Petty
- A rare 1967 Triumph TR6c 650cc Street Scrambler built exclusively for the California market
- A true icon of the 70’s – a 1974 Yamaha FS1E, the must-have bike for any 16-year-old of the period
At the complete opposite end of the spectrum, Mike West Racing will showcase an incredible collection of famous race bikes in the paddock, alongside the Carlos Checa’s MotoGP Ducati Desmosedici GP5 and Checa’s 2011 WSB winning Ducati 1198 F1. Plus the MADMAX Race Team will be at the Festival with their Turbine Streetfighter – the World’s first jet turbine streetfighter street legal motorbike which recently set a land speed record doing an astonishing 224.5mph.
There’s a whole host of celebrities attending the show too including: Four times World Superbike Champion and ‘King of the Jungle’; Carl Fogarty, former three times BSB Champion and Blood Bike ambassador; John Reynolds, motorcycle adventurer; Nick Sanders, Charley Boorman, David Hailwood (son of Mike Hailwood) and former World Darts Champion; Andy Fordham.
Gates open at 8:30am and the Festival closes at 5pm – with the action on track starting at 10am. There’s free parking, free motorcycle side stand puck and free helmet park for bikers. For more information or to order your tickets, visit: www.prescottbikefestival.co.uk
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.