BMW Motorrad UK has announced a partnership with the social motorcycling app REALRIDER – with all new BMW Motorcycle owners offered a complimentary 12-month subscription to the premium REALsafe service.
In addition to being able to track and plan riding routes, the free REALRIDER app is the first service to offer a passive safety element. Customers will be given a complimentary upgrade to the REALsafe premium service, which allows the app to sense when an accident may have occurred.
If an accident is detected, the app seeks a response from the rider with a series of alerts on their phone. If no response is received, the app then relays the user’s name, medical information and GPS location to the emergency services who will try to call the rider three times. If there is no response, an ambulance will be dispatched to find and assist the user.
Customers can install the REALRIDER app on their iOS and Android devices then activate their complimentary REALsafe code. The safety monitoring mode can be turned off and on at will. The company behind the app – REALsafe Technologies – were recently presented the Grand Prix award in the ‘Great Faces of British Business’ competition by the Business Minister Matthew Hancock for their work on the pioneering safety app.
Ian Furse, National Sales Manager for BMW Motorrad UK, said: “Every year, new innovations in technology and materials make BMW Motorcycles and Rider Equipment safer and easier to use. However, we are always seeking new ways to improve the rider experience – which is why we are pleased to announce our partnership with REALRIDER.
“With the REALRIDER REALsafe app, we are giving new BMW motorcycle owners a complimentary subscription to a new social and route-planning app, which also has the potential to improve safety. In addition to helping foster community and shared experiences between riders, the innovative ability to automatically call for assistance if the rider is unable to respond comes as a welcome safety net for any motorcyclist.”
Neville Newton, who purchased a new BMW motorcycle through Cooper BMW Sunderland, said: “I consider the REALRIDER app with REALsafe without doubt the most essential smartphone app for every rider, everywhere, every time. It also has to be the most comprehensive cost effective piece of safety equipment available”
Andrew Richardson, REALsafe Technologies Director, said: “The partnership with BMW Motorrad UK gives us an opportunity to protect a large number of their customers with our award-winning REALsafe technology. Not only will it increase the safety of BMW riders, it will give them access to a range of other benefits designed to help them get the most out of their new bike. I’m delighted to be working with the BMW Motorrad UK team.”
REALsafe safety application at a glance.
- Every new BMW motorcycle comes with a 12-month subscription to REALsafe (worth £25)
- REALsafe is the only accident detection system for motorcyclists to be fully integrated into the NHS.
- ‘Auto Pause’ functionality uses GPS and accelerometer data to pause REALsafe during stops and resumes when you start riding
- In the event of an incident, REALsafe will activate after 4 minutes of no movement.
- Riders have a further 2 minutes to cancel the alert before details are sent to Ambulance Control
- Alerts can be cancelled at any time
- Ambulance Control calls the rider three times before dispatch takes place
- REALsafe is a tried and tested process that helps paramedics locate riders quickly and with accuracy
- For more information on the app visit www.realrider.com
REALRIDER app features for all users.
- The REALRIDER App syncs with your free web account at realrider.com where you can discover, review, share, print and download routes for your Sat Nav
- Brush up on your riding skills with hours of on-road video commentary from the best-of-the-best in the industry-first E-Learning Centre. Featuring filtering, positioning, cornering, reading the road and more
- Keep a record of your bikes and insurance details in your online Garage
- Upload your best biking photos and videos to the Gallery
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.