Bonhams Spring Stafford Sale will include 12 motorcycles belonging to Richard Hammond and James May, former presenters of the popular motoring programme, Top Gear.
May and Hammond talked about the sale of their respective motorcycles in their usual way: “Just because I’m unemployed now doesn’t mean I have to get rid of everything,” said May. “I was going to sell these bikes anyway. And those paintings, and my collection of Scalextric cars. Honest”.
Hammond added: “As a serious collector of motorcycles, it’s important to review one’s stable regularly, and the Bonhams Stafford sale is the ideal opportunity to move bikes on and possibly acquire new ones. I also have a canoe, and some Wharfedale hi-fi speakers, if anyone’s interested”.
Ben Walker, Bonhams International Head of Motorcycles, said: “Jokes aside, James and Richard are offering for sale some great motorcycles from their collections, including examples of Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda and Norton – and we expect the collection to attract a lot of attention at the upcoming Spring Stafford Sale. We’re delighted that they both elected to consign their collections with Bonhams Motorcycle Department, an agreement that originated many months ago”.
The Hammond and May motorcycles featured in Bonhams Stafford Sale are:
James May’s bikes:
- Lot 326: 1974 Yamaha 49cc FS1-E – £2,000-2,400
- Lot 327: 1976 Suzuki AP50 E – £2,000-2,400
- Lot 328: 1980 Ossa 250cc MAR Trials Motorcycle – £1,200-1,500
- Lot 329: 1979 Suzuki TS250 – £800-1,200
- Lot 330: 1973 Honda CD175 – £1,400-1,800
- Lot 331: 1975 Honda CB200 – £1,500-1,800
- Lot 332: 1971 Kawasaki 250cc A1 Samurai – £5,000-6,000
- Lot 333: 2010 Yamaha SR400 ‘Grievous Angel’ by Deus Ex Machina – £8,000-12,000
Richard Hammond’s bikes:
- Lot 334: 1977 Honda GL1000 Gold Wing – £4,000-6,000
- Lot 335: 2010 Norton Commando 961SE – £14,500-18,500
- Lot 336: 1970 Triton 500cc ‘Café Racer’ – £6,500-8,500
- Lot 337: 1975 Yamaha 49cc FS1-E – £2,500-3,500
Bonhams Spring Stafford Sale takes place at the International Classic MotorCycle Show, Staffordshire County Showground on 26 April, 2015. Viewing 10:00-17:00 Saturday 25 April.
Tickets for the Carole Nash International Classic MotorCycle Show are now on sale with a one day adult ticket costing just £10 when bought in advance, a £3 saving on the gate price. Tickets can be purchased online from here or over the phone on 01507 529529.
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.