Suzuki has launched the new 2016 RM-Z250 production motocross bike which features performance upgrades straight from its MX2 and MXGP World Championship factory race machines.
The new RM-Z250 now features the Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC) system, introduced on the RM-Z450 in 2014, along with KYB PSF2 front forks.
New revisions to the engine gives a wider range of power delivery, reduced engine brake, improved starting and increased durability and reliability, while handling is improved and overall weight reduced.
Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC):
• S-HAC has two selectable modes so riders can choose the best option for the starting conditions.
• For hard surfaces or slippery conditions at the starting gate, choose A-Mode. In this setting, Holeshot Assist Control alters ignition timing in moment of launch and ride over the gate to reduce wheel slip and to deliver smooth launch, and it advances ignition in the acceleration sequence for stronger acceleration. Then one of three conditions will return the ignition to normal operation – after 6 seconds from start – when you shift to fourth gear; or when the throttle is closed, whichever happens first.
• When conditions at the starting gate provide better traction, and a more aggressive launch is needed, choose B-Mode. For these conditions, Holeshot Assist Control advances ignition timing to allow increased throttle response and stronger acceleration off the line. But level of ignition advance is optimised for each three sequences. The system returns the normal ignition map by same conditions of A-mode.
• You can turn the Holeshot Assist Control system off when no holeshot assistance is desired.
Other new 2016 Upgrades:
More-than 80 engine internal parts are redesigned on the 2016 RM-Z250 along with a new frame and suspension, including:
• New piston, piston pin and piston ring.
• Reduced crank inertia, increased Magneto inertia.
• Redesigned camshafts and intake valve.
• Redesigned decompression system.
• Redesigned kick drive gear, breather gear and kick idle gear.
• Redesigned Cam chain tensioner and adjuster.
• Redesigned Crank case.
• New clutch cover.
• Redesigned main frame.
• New KYB rear shock.
• New front brake caliper.
• New Dunlop tyres.
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.