Mega barn find of 45 classic motorcycles going to auction at Stafford Show.
An astounding collection of great British motorcycles has been unearthed after more than 25 years. The collection, belonging to the late John Keeley, will feature at Bonhams Stafford Sale, taking place on October 18 at Staffordshire County Showground.
James Stensel, Bonhams Head of Collectors’ Motorcycles, said: “To find so many unrestored motorcycles under one roof is incredibly rare. John had an appreciation for originality and an eye for quality; his 1928 Triumph 494cc Model P (estimate £4,000-5,000) has the most incredible patina, whilst his 1934 Brough Superior 1,096cc 11-50HP (estimate £30,000-50,000) retains its original and matching frame, engine, gearbox and associated accessories.”
The collection includes landmark examples from the early 1900s, in addition to impressive models from interwar and post-war periods. Mr. Keeley assembled the collection from the stables of several famous brands, including BSA, Velocette, Norton, Sunbeam, Ariel, Triumph, Douglas, Brough Superior, New Imperial and Zenith.
Percy Austen, a close friend of the late-owner, said: “John Keeley was born in Knowl Hill near Maidenhead, Berkshire. From a young age he developed a love of old machinery and started his working life in the village garage. John also took up motorcycle scrambling at the Bagshot and Hungry Hill courses, riding against many of the great names of that era.”
Bonhams Autumn Stafford Sale takes place 17-18 October at The Classic Motorcycle Mechanics Show, Staffordshire County Showground. Here’s more details about the auctions:
- Saturday 17 October, 15:00, The Lonati Collection: a single-owner collection of sixty rare, predominantly American motorcycles
- Sunday 18 October, 12:00, The Autumn Stafford Sale
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.