Honda has released details of updates to the CBR500R for 2016.
Here’s what the factory itself has said about the bike, which will be at various motorcycle shows over the next couple of months before joining the firm’s range at the end of the year:
Upgrades for 2016 include:
– A complete new look based on a design theme of “Aggressive Speed Shape”. Sharp and edgy character lines flow from its new front face – featuring steeply-angled dual LED lights – through to the upswept tail – also equipped with LED lighting – to give an appearance of speed and purpose.
– Several rider-focussed upgrades including front suspension with adjustable pre-load, larger fuel tank with new hinged fuel cap, adjustable brake levers and “wave” style ignition key.
– A new shorter exhaust muffler for enhanced mass centralisation, with internal structure tuned for a satisfying low, crisp exhaust note.
– A range of dynamic new colour schemes.
With this series of upgrades, the 16YM CBR500R is designed to offer the maximum sporty performance, style and presence from a genuine A2 licence-compliant motorcycle.
The 16YM CBR500R will be unveiled to the public for the first time at the American International Motorcycle Expo, which starts in Orlando, Florida on 15th October.
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.