Here’s the first look at two more 2016 Hondas – the NC750X AND new 400X which will be sold as the 500X in the UK.
Honda has announced that it will show the world premiere of both bikes at the 44th Tokyo Motor Show 2015 at the end of the month.
Here’s what Honda itself said about the bikes:
The NC750X and 400X sports models, developed according to Honda’s “Crossover Concept” fusing on-road and off-road values at a high dimension, are popular with a wide spectrum of customers.
Both world premiere models sport reinvigorated exterior designs, including all-LED head- and tail-lights. The newly designed windscreen efficiently provides wind protection for the rider, ensuring a stylish and comfortable ride.
- LED headlights* and taillights enhance the NC750X’s adventurous image with a sharper styling.
- 70mm taller windscreen – compared to previous model – decreases rider fatigue during high-speed cruising.
- The newly-designed compact and lightweight atypical cross-section mufflers contribute to improved maneuverability, while producing a rich beat.
- Luggage capacity has been increased from 21 liters to 22 liters, for more luggage storage.
- The Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) is programmed with 3 S-mode levels, allowing the rider to select optimum gear shifts.
- The front suspension is equipped with dual-bending valves* which optimize linear compression and decompression damping characteristics, improving ride comfort.
- The rear cushions are newly equipped with preload adjuster*.
Honda plans to release the new NC750X in Japan and Europe, and in North America as the NC700X.
- Developed according to Honda’s “FEEL THE ADVENTURE FORM” concept, LED head- and tail-lights enhance the 400X’s masculine look.
- 100mm taller windscreen – compared to previous model – provides even more wind protection for the rider.
- The front suspension is equipped with preload adjusters.
- Brake lever adjustable to fit hands of varying sizes.
- Gear shift mechanism redesigned to improve operation feel.
Honda plans to release the reinvigorated 400X in Japan, and in Europe, North America and Asia as the CB500X.
SCOOP: Honda teases with official pictures of 2016 NC750X AND 400X
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.