Triumph has released the first official photos of the two new 2016 Speed Triples: the Speed Triple S and the Speed Triple R.
We first showed you behind the scenes shots of the bikes a couple of weeks ago, and now we have the official photos.
Both bikes feature a new 1050cc triple engine with what Triumph claims are 104 new developments and increased torque throughout the rev range.
The new bikes have new styling including all new twin headlamps, daytime running lights and all new bodywork. They also come packed with rider-focused technology such as riding modes, switchable ABS and switchable traction control, as well as Brembo monoblock calipers as standard.
The R is the higher spec version of the two bikes and features carbon bodywork inserts and front mudguard, billet finishers and Öhlins suspension front and rear. See the full spec of both bikes below.
There are four colour schemes: Phantom Black and Diablo Red on the Speed Triple S, Crystal White and Matt Graphite on the Speed Triple R.
Here is what Triumph itself says about the new models:
The new Triumph Speed Triple S and Speed Triple R take the legacy of the first factory street fighter to a completely new level in terms of performance, agility, power, handling and capability.
Centred around a new 1050cc triple engine, the new Speed Triple S and R redefine the naked performance roadster. The new engine features 104 new developments that combine to deliver more power and, more importantly, more torque across the whole rev range, whilst still meeting Euro 4 regulations and delivering an increase of up to 10% fuel efficiency. These developments include a new combustion chamber, new cylinder head, a new machined crank, new piston design and new ‘ride-by-wire’ throttle bodies. Additional developments also include a slip assist clutch, smaller, more efficient radiator and a new free-flowing exhaust that has a 70% increase in flow rate.
The new Speed Triple S and Speed Triple R also feature a suite of rider-focused technology. Among the features that add to the Speed Triple’s performance and capability are a new ECU coupled to a new adjustable Ride-by-Wire throttle with selectable throttle maps that increase the feel, responsiveness and control. There are now 5 distinct riding modes to choose from: Road, Rain, Sport, Track and a new Rider Configurable mode, that all allows the rider to set-up the motorcycle to the optimum performance relative to road conditions or environment.
Key to the new Speed Triple S and R is the aggressive, athletic styling. A narrow, focused design features signature twin headlights, incorporating distinctive daytime running lights (DRL). A low, lithe stance is accentuated by sleek new bodywork and a completely new, Daytona 675R-inspired, tailpiece. All of which has been achieved without losing any of the naked minimalist beauty that is synonymous with the Speed Triple.
The new Triumph Speed Triple S and Speed Triple R redefine the Speed Triple legend – delivering the perfect balance of power, handling, capability and character in two new performance roadsters designed for maximum fun and maximum thrills with maximum attitude.
Speed Triple S
Spec highlights include:
- New triple engine with 104 new components
- Improved peak power and torque spread across entire rev range
- Ride-by-Wire throttle
- 5 Rider Modes including a Track Mode
- Rider-selectable ABS
- Rider-selectable traction control linked to Rider Modes
- New DRL headlights
- Brembo monobloc front brake calipers
- Fully adjustable suspension, front and rear
- Redesigned, narrower radiator
- Restyled radiator shrouds, rear bodywork and silencers
- Choice of two distinctive colourways:
- Diablo Red
- Phantom Black
Speed Triple R
In addition to the Triple S spec:
- Light weight, high spec body panels:
- Carbon fibre front mudguard
- Carbon fibre fuel tank infill panels
- Higher specification, fully adjustable suspension:
- Öhlins NIX30 upside down front forks
- Öhlins TTX36 RSU
- High quality finishing details:
- Billet-machined handlebar clamps, risers, swingarm pivot covers and rear wheel finisher
- Choice of two bespoke paint schemes and detailing:
- Crystal White
- Matt Graphite
- Red painted sub-frame, wheel pinstripes, radiator cowls
- Red seat stitching detail.
Triumph unveils new 2016 Speed Triples
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.