Triumph has unveiled its new Tiger Explorer XR and XC adventure motorcycle ranges for 2016. The XR series is designed for more on-road use and the XC series is the more off-road-ey version.
In total, there are six new motorcycles:
- Explorer XC (off-road base model)
- Explorer XCx (off-road model, low seat option)
- Explorer XCa (off-road adventure model)
- Explorer XR (on-road base model)
- Explorer XRx (on-road model, low seat option)
- Explorer XRt (on-road touring model)
All models feature a new 1215cc triple engine, which Triumph says delivers more power and more torque (although these details have not been confirmed yet) than before through a final shaft drive.
According to Triumph, the triple engine’s power is delivered smoothly and progressively across the rev and speed ranges through its linear torque curve. The engine performance is enhanced through a new exhaust system.
The two entry level models (XR and XC) have WP adjustable suspension on. The other four models (XCx, XCa, XRx and XRt) feature Triumph semi-active suspension system that allows the rider to electronically control the adjustment of the front and rear suspension damping, automatically adapting the rear shock absorber pre-load settings to reflect the terrain being covered.
The Tiger Explorer offers, as standard, multi-channel switchable ABS and traction control on the entry level XR and XC models. The other four variants come with cornering-optimised ABS and traction control.
The Explorer XCx, XCa, XRx and XRT all feature an Inertial Measurement Unit that monitors and responds to the bike’s movement status, calculates the lean angle of the bikes and uses this measurement to ensure greater stability by optimising the performance of the ABS and traction control systems.
There are five different rider modes (four pre-set and one programmable), and the new hill hold control feature prevents the motorcycle rolling back when attempting to set off on a steep incline.
All models feature an electrically adjustable screen that allows the rider to constantly tailor comfort whilst riding.
Tiger Explorer XR and XC series highlights:
Spec highlights include (varies depending on model):
- Unique 1215cc triple engine with shaft final drive
- Contemporary and distinctive adventure styling
- Two low seat variants (available on Tiger Explorer XRX and XCX models)
- ABS and traction control
- Cornering-optimised ABS and traction control
- Up to five selectable rider modes, including rider programmable
- WP adjustable front and rear suspension
- Triumph semi active suspension
- Brembo monobloc 4-piston radial calipers
- On-board computer
- Advanced on-board computer
- Inertial measurement unit
- Hill hold control
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Electrically adjustable screen
- Electrically adjustable touring screen
- Spoked wheels (XR models)
- Cast wheels (XC models)
- 12V power socket/s
- 5V under seat USB socket
- Heated rider/passenger seat
- Heated grips
- Cruise control
- Hand guards
- Aluminium sump guard
- Plastic sump guard
- Radiator guard
- Engine bars
- Machined footrests
- Pannier mounting kit
Triumph unveils new 2016 Tiger Explorer XR and XC ranges
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.