Having sported a black lid so far this year, I wanted a motorcycle helmet for the darker, dingier months to give me a better chance of being seen. The Draken S Star full-face motorcycle helmet from Spanish helmet manufacturer Axxis in gloss fluor red has not disappointed – unsurprisingly, I feel more visible!
Yes, it’s ‘loud’ – but I like the fact it makes a real statement, and many people have admired it for its glowing, glossy vibrancy. By day, it’s placed on the desk directly next to our Owen’s dark grey helmet – and you can really see its value. The grey helmet is extremely inconspicuous, whereas the Draken S Star shines like a distress beacon. Perfect.
To wear, it’s comfy and not noisy – although I do wear earplugs on every ride, so noise is never an issue for me. It’s well-vented and comes ready to install a pinlock visor insert, which I find a must-have on all lids I own.
Enjoy everything More Bikes by reading the monthly newspaper, Read FREE Online.
When it first arrived, we played ‘guess the price’ – I opted for around £170 and was surprised to find it retails at under £80! It’s a lot of lid for your loot – with the added advantage of standing out more to other road users, which can only be a good thing.
The techy stuff:
- ECE 22.06 homologation
- Pinlock ready 2.2 mm max vision visor
- Micrometric buckle for quick, convenient release
- The Axxis Draken helmet has an ECE, DOT injected thermoplastic shell.
- Front and rear air intake system, removable and washable interior pads.
- UV protection visor
- 5 Year Warranty
- New fitting Shell Sizes XS – S – M – L – XL – 2XL
- Weight 1450 ± 50 gr
- Optical polycarbonate anti-scratch visor
- Optimal visor closing system
- 2.2 mm thickness visor
- MT-V-18C Pinlock
- Max Vision Visor
- DKS218 Fast and easy removing visor
- Locking visor system
- Antiallergic fabric
- Removable and washable lining
- Inner ventilation
- Ear pocket
- Quick-release micrometric buckle
- Multiple-density inner polystyrene
- Large nose deflector included
- Chin curtain included
It’s available in four equally-loud colourways from retailers of distributor Bickers Online. The Draken S Star full-face motorcycle helmet is a cool-looking lid that will give you stand-out on the road and certainly won’t break the bank.