Intermot show: BMW announces price and dates for R nine T Racer and R nine T Pure 2017 models
Here’s what BMW has just released about prices and dates for the R nine T Race (the white bike, above) and R nine T Pure (the green bike, below) – these are the factory’s words about the bikes and how much they’ll cost plus when you can see them in the flesh:
Prices and launch dates of the new BMW R nineT models.
The BMW R nineT Pure will be sold in Germany at a price of EUR 12,300.00 incl. 19% VAT (recommended retail price).
The BMW R nineT Racer will be sold in Germany for EUR 13,300.00 incl. 19% VAT (recommended retail price).
Both heritage models will be launched in March 2017.
R nineT Pure: purist roadster for dynamic, classic riding pleasure on country roads.
The R nineT Pure embodies the essence of the purist, classic roadster – authentically designed, without frills and reduced to the absolute essentials. The design draws on a blend of both classic and modern stylistic elements of motorcycle construction combined with high-end details such as footrests and fork bridges in forged aluminium.
The fuel tank and front mudguard of the BMW R nineT Pure are finished in the colour Catalano Grey non-metallic. In combination with black for the suspension and drivetrain, this colour emphasises the purist character of the R nineT Pure as a roadster for dynamic, classic riding pleasure on country roads.
R nineT Racer: classic 1970s sports motorcycle feeling.
The R nineT Racer deliberately arouses memories of the sports motorcycles popular in the early 1970s. Crouched, compact and elongated, it conveys a sense of old-school sporty aspiration with its strikingly short half-fairing, hump seat, stub handlebars and set-back footrests, combining this overall impression with modern technology.
In Lightwhite non-metallic combined with decor that is reminiscent of past BMW Motorsport colours, the R nineT Racer is particularly light and athletic in appearance. The frame finished in Aluminium Silver prominently presents an architectural contrast with the black drivetrain, underscoring the standing of the R nineT Racer as an old-school sports motorcycle designed for dynamic riding fun on winding roads.
The highlights of the BMW R nineT Racer and R nineT Pure:
- Potent boxer engine with a capacity of 1 170 cc and an output of 81 kW (110 hp) that meets EU4 requirements.
- Modular frame with scope for customising, allowing individualisation according to personal taste.
- Five-spoke light alloy cast wheels, 3.5 x 17″ at front and 5.5 x 17″ at rear (optional wire-spoked wheels).
- 320-millimetre twin disc brake at the front. ABS as standard.
- ASC (Automatic Stability Control) as an ex works option.
- 2-in-1 exhaust system made of stainless steel (polished in the Racer, brushed in the Pure).
- High-end details such as fork bridges and footrests in forged aluminium.
- R nineT Pure in Catalano Grey non-metallic as a classic, purist roadster.
- R nineT Racer with half-fairing, hump seat and set-back footrests in the style of a 1970s sports motorcycle.
- R nineT Racer in Lightwhite non-metallic combined with multi-coloured decor reminiscent of past BMW Motorsport colours, with the frame in Aluminium Silver
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.