The UK’s best sports bike magazine is looking for a new Editor. The perfect candidate will be an experienced journalist; organised, influential, and as good at planning, subbing, commissioning and briefing as they are at writing and riding faster-than-most without crashing. A geek-like knowledge of sports bikes past and present plus the technical understanding to explain those machines to the masses is essential as is an ability to not only hit every single deadline, but to make sure your team does too.
Ideally you’re already working as a deputy editor, looking to make the step up to the big chair; editing Fast Bikes is not only the best job in motorcycling, but it is also a chance to shape the future of motorcycle media. The sports bike market is evolving and Fast Bikes’ print and digital content should be leading that change and taking the readership along too.
The job will include:
• Having a clear and valid vision for both the magazine and digital products
• Being the creative powerhouse behind the title
• Planning, commissioning, briefing and managing each issue
• Managing a team of freelance feature writers and full time deputy • editor
• Editing and proofreading all pages before going to press
• Maintaining and raising the profile of the magazine
• Networking with others in the industry
If this is you, please send a CV to the address below along with the following:
• Your vision for what Fast Bikes magazine should be in 2017 (500 • words max)
• Detailed content plans for the first three issues you would make
Send your application to:
email@example.com quoting reference ED37
Closing date is 11th November
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.