If you are looking for a 125cc street bike, Suzuki has an interesting new offering: the GSX-S125.
Suzuki claims that the new GSX-S125 has the best power-to-weight ratio and acceleration in the 125cc street sport class. The bike features advanced fuel injection system, large-capacity air cleaner box, and high-performance exhaust system. There’s also LED headlights and LCD dash to add to the modern looks. And naturally, the bike is Euro 4 compliant. Colour variations include black, black/red and blue.
Here’s a slideshow of all the official photos:
This is what Suzuki says about the new bike:
Suzuki has defined sportbike performance for more than 30 years. It started with the legendary GSX-R line, with more than a million sold worldwide. And the dedicated Suzuki engineers behind the GSX-R line take their responsibilities very seriously: Every GSX-R must be the lightest and best performing in its class, in an unbeatable package. Now Suzuki engineers have applied their expertise and design philosophy to an exciting new street sport 125cm3 class motorcycle, based on the revolutionary GSX-R125.
Meet the new lightweight king of the streets, the Suzuki GSX-S125. It has the best power-to-weight ratio and acceleration in the 125cm3 street sport class, plus nimble handling and great fuel economy. It also has exciting, modern, innovative bodywork, with traditional handlebars and a low seat height for a comfortable ride. Along with a multi-function LCD instrument and vertically stacked LED headlights in a stylish cowl.
It is a dependable, comfortable, nimble motorcycle that also delivers genuine Suzuki high-performance. It is made to handle city traffic jams while commuting to school or work during the week. And it is also an exciting motorcycle ready for fun rides into the countryside—or even a track ride—on weekends.
The GSX-S125 is a motorcycle that’s easy to ride. And it is easy to be proud of, with a genuine supersport engine and the latest technology, plus high-quality fit and finish, and beautiful paint and graphics.
Major features of the new GSX-S125 are:
1) Most powerful engine in the class (125cm3 Street Sport Class)
- High-performance, liquid-cooled, DOHC 4-valve power unit
- Class-leading power-to-weight ratio
- Class-leading acceleration performance
- Meeting the requirement of Euro4 and new WVTA
2) Low fuel economy
3) Lightest weight in the class *125cm3 Street Sport Class
4) Lowest seat height in the class and comfortable riding position
5) Slim and compact bodywork
6) Shutter-key lock system
7) LED headlight
8) Informative multi-function full LCD instrument
9) Suzuki Easy Start System for one-push engine start
10) Dual-exit exhaust muffler
11) Petal brake discs and sporty cast aluminum wheels
12) Exciting and aggressive style
Overall Length 2,020mm (79.5 in)
Overall width 745mm (29.3 in)
Overall height 1,040mm (40.9 in)
Wheelbase 1,300mm (51.2 in)
Ground clearance 155mm (6.1 in)
Seat height 785mm (30.9 in)
Curb mass 133kg (293 lbs)
Engine type 4-stroke, 1-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC
Bore x Stroke 62.0mm x 41.2mm (2.4 in x 1.6 in)
Engine displacement 124.4cm3 (7.6 cu in)
Compression ratio 11.0 : 1
Fuel system Fuel injection
Starter system Electric
Lubrication system Wet sump
Transmission 6-speed, constant mesh
Primary reduction ratio 3.285 (69/21)
Final reduction ratio 3.214 (45/14)
Front suspension Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Rear suspension Link type, coil spring, oil damped
Rake / trail 25.5° / 93.3mm (3.7 in)
Front brake Disc (Petal)
Rear brake Disc (Petal)
Front tyre 90/80-17M/C, tubeless
Rear tyre 130/70-17M/C, tubeless
Fuel tank capacity 11.0L (2.9 / 2.4US / lmp gal)
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.