Suzuki has just revealed its new small-capacity sportsbike, the GSX250R. The new 248cc parallel-twin engine that powers the GSX250R/ABS offers the best fuel economy in its class according to Suzuki. The 4-valve motor makes 24.7bhp @ 8,000rpm and belches out 17.21lb-ft @ 6,500rpm. It has 53.5 x 55.2 bore and stroke with a compression of 11.5:1.
The bike is Euro 4 compliant, and optimised to deliver loads of low- to mid-range torque. The clip-on handlebars, 10-spoke wheels, LED rear light and clear lenses on indicators give the pocket rocket a modern and stylish look.
Here’s a slideshow of all the photos:
This is what Suzuki itself says about the new bike:
Suzuki is proud to introduce the new GSX250R/ABS as a fully faired street machine that brings the excitement and riding satisfaction of Suzuki’s sport bike heritage to a broader audience. Featuring sporty good looks, responsive yet easy-to-control performance, nimble handling, and a comfortable riding position, the GSX250R/ABS is equally at home on the daily commute as it is when touring for long distances.
The new GSX250R/ABS is a perfect choice for a wide range of riders. That includes those who are looking to buy their first sporty street bike, or who are returning to the world of two-wheeled riding pleasure later in life.
Major features of the GSX250R/ABS according to Suzuki:
- Engine optimized to maximize low- to mid-range torque
- New intake valve – Optimize airflow into the combustion chamber
- Equipped with IRC RX-01F D and RX-01R tyres
- Complies with EURO 4 emission regulations
- Class-leading level of fuel efficiency (32.5km/L)
- New reverse-lit full-LCD instrument panel
- New surface-emitting LED tail lights
- Turn signals adopt clear lenses
- Petal-type brake discs
- Newly designed 10-spoke wheels
Displacement 248 cm3
Engine type Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC, parallel-twin
Bore x Stroke 53.5mm x 55.2mm
Compression 11.5 : 1
Maximum power 18.4kW/8,000rpm
Maximum torque 23.4Nm/6,500rpm
Emission level Euro 4
Overall Length 2,085 mm
Overall width 740 mm
Overall height 1,110 mm
Wheelbase 1,430 mm
Ground clearance 160 mm
Seat height 790 mm
Curb mass 181 kg [ABS Model] 178 kg [Non ABS Model]
Fuel system Fuel injection
Starter system Electric
Lubrication system Wet-sump
Transmission 6-speed constant mesh
Primary drive ratio 3.238 (68/21)
Final drive ratio 3.285 (46/14)
Suspension Front Telescopic, coil spring oil damped
Rear Swingarm type, coil spring, oil damped
Rake (Caster angle) / Trail 25°6’ / 104mm (4.1 in)
Brakes Front Disc brake
Rear Disc brake
Tyres Front 110/80-17M/C 57H tubeless – Rear 140/55-17M/C 66H tubeless
Ignition system Electronic ignition
Fuel tank capacity 15 L
Oil capacity (Overhaul) 2.4 L
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.