We’re going to this excellent event and we figured we’d flag this up for you, so that you could whack it in the diary and make sure you’re trackside to see loads of pre-1987 bikes in three different classes (F1 Classic 750cc – 1300cc, F1 Superbike 750cc – 1300cc, Formula 2 247cc – 749cc) a 4-Hour long race.
Called the Endurance Legends event, the weekend’s outing is the UK’s only 4-Hour classic motorcycle race event. After the huge success of the inaugural Endurance Legends in October 2015 the race is making its return to the Donington track. Here’s a rundown of the sort of thing you’ll be able to find over the weekend:
- On National Circuit
- UK’s only 4hr classic endurance race including Suzuki effectively entering a ‘works’ team
- 4hr race to host first round of the European Classic Series – first time in the UK for ECS
- Pit walk for all spectators prior to the 4hr race
- High profile support races from ICGP (now an FIM Cup event) and Lansdowne Classic Series
- Classic bike track sessions (four groups) mixed throughout Saturday’s practice & qualifying, and on Sunday ahead of the 4hr (four groups of 60 bikes; novices, Pocket Rockets, Middleweights and Superbikes)
- Race bike parades on both days
- Suzuki TL Anniversary parade
- No noise limit
- Melbourne Loop to run separate schedule throughout weekend including:
- VMCC ‘ride-a-classic-bike’
- Club parades
- Racing sidecar ferry rides
- New bike demos and experiences
- In the Paddock:
- Celebrity Interviews & autograph sessions
- Suzuki “Hall of Fame” in the Paddock Suite
- Suzuki TL Anniversary display and “ride-in”
- Race bike displays
- VJMC sponsored Club & Concours Show, featuring club displays
- VMCC marquee
- Classic bike clubs displays
- Special Club ‘ride-in’ area
- Trade village
- DJ & Live band from Saturday afternoon and into the night
If you want to know more, buy tickets or see about taking part in the track day sessions – where pre-1995 bikes are allowed (yeah, how cool!) – then here’s where to click for every bit of information about the event:
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.