- The year’s financial data presented at the AUDI AG annual press conference
- 55,451 motorcycles sold and €731 million turnover for Ducati in 2016
- Claudio Domenicali, CEO of Ducati Motor Holding: “Solid growth once again demonstrates the effectiveness of our strategy”
2016 was another positive year for Ducati according to figures released by the Italian motorcycle giant.
The motorcycle manufacturer delivered 55,451 motorcycles to customers all over the world meaning an increase in sales for the seventh consecutive year (+1.2%; 642 more motorcycles than in 2015). The result translates into a turnover of €731 million, with an increase of 4.1% compared to 2015 (€702 million).
There was a drop in figures though and at the end of fiscal year 2016, Ducati contributed an operating result of €51 million compared to €54 million in 2015 and an operating margin of 7% to the Audi Group.
Claudio Domenicali (above), Chief Executive Officer of Ducati Motor Holding, said: “The continuous evolution of our range, both in terms of quality and technology, the constant development of our dealer network and the effectiveness of a strategy based on investments aimed at the products, the quality and the customers, have enabled the company to continue on its growth curve.
“This allows us to look to the future with optimism, knowing that we are heading in the right direction.”
European markets have made a significant contribution to achieving this result, many of them reporting double-digit growth. In Italy sales have risen by 20%, while in Spain sales rose by 38%. The number of motorcycles delivered in Germany increased by 8% compared with the previous year.
The United States confirms its position as Ducati’s number one market, reaching a quota of 8,787 motorcycles delivered to customers. Among the non-European markets, the significant performance of the brand in China, where Ducati doubled the previous year’s result (+120%), is notable. Motorcycles sold in Brazil increased by 36% and by 215% in Argentina.
2017 has seen the launch of seven new models: the 1299 Superleggera, the Ducati SuperSport, the Multistrada 950, the Monster 797, Monster 1200 and two new versions of the Ducati Scrambler – Scrambler Café Racer and Scrambler Desert Sled.
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.