Iconic British manufacturer Norton will be the featured marque at this year’s Prescott Bike Festival, which takes place at the famous Gloucestershire Hillclimb on 9 April.
The Norton Owners Club is set to stage a huge display, including parade runs, with two rare Nortons expected, the 1956 Manx 350cc Reverse Head, built by respected tuner Ray Petty, plus a 1959 Dominator 650DD Special.
The Festival is renowned for the diversity of machinery it attracts and this year should be no different. Allen Millyard is set to return with eight of his amazing creations. Matt McKeown will be back too with is World’s Fastest Shopping Trolley and his latest project – the World’s Fastest jet powered Hearse ‘Dead Quick’.
Kevin Scott will also be along with the record-breaking Monowheel, which earned a place in the Guinness World Records with a 61mph run at Elvington in Yorkshire.
The Paddock Specials display will feature 100 motorcycles celebrating the best in engineering excellence, which will include, a Joey Dunlop TT bike, an award-winning shed-build Kawasaki Z1000 and a rare 1973 Triumph Trackmaster flat-track racer. And as this is no static show you will also be able to hear the motorcycles fire up and run the hill.
Riders can book in advance for the opportunity for a thrilling passenger experience in a racing sidecar outfit or Morgan three-wheeler.
Confirming its status as a great family event, the Festival also includes plenty of off-track attractions. There will more than 100 exhibitors in the Dealer and Trade Zones plus live bands, entertainment, including a George Formby tribute act, and great food.
Motorcycle parking, side stand puck and Helmet Park are all free.
All proceeds from what is set to be another unforgettable day go to the Nationwide Association of Blood Bikes and regional blood bike group Severn Freewheelers, one of 27 blood bike groups around the UK that provide a free out-of-hours courier service for medical essentials. The life-saving service is run by volunteers and operates between NHS facilities, with Severn Freewheelers alone dealing with around 400 calls per month on emergency response BMW R1200RTs.
Children under 16 are admitted to the event for free and if you book before the end of April 7 you can get £2 off the price of the £15 On The Gate ticket price.
To find out more, or to book tickets directly, click HERE.
Gates open 08:30, track action starts at 09:30 and the Festival closes at 17:00.
Probably one of the finest collections of engineering excellence in one Paddock and a great day out for all the family to enjoy in the beautiful setting of the Prescott Speed Hill Climb.
We pride ourselves on having one of the best line ups of ‘special’ motorcycles and 2017 will be no different, see Prescott’s Paddock Specials page for more news. The event also has over 100 quality exhibitors, see the list here, live music from Josie & The Outlaw, The Uproars plus guests.
PLUS MUCH MORE
- Early Bird Breakfasts at very special prices and great food all day
- Free motorcycle parking, free motorcycle side stand puck, free Helmet Park
- The finest gathering of rare motorcycles; see, hear and watch them Run the Hill
- Dealer Zone, Trader Zone, Entertainment Zone, Bars, Food and more
Bugatti Owners Club, Prescott Hill, Gotherington, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL52 9RD
From Birmingham and the South West
- M5 to Junction 9, Exit towards Tewkesbury A438 / Evesham A46
- At roundabout take A46 to Evesham
- At Teddington Hands Roundabout take 4th exit onto A435 heading towards Cheltenham / Teddington / Bishops Cleeve.
From London via A40 to Cheltenham then A435 towards Evesham
- From London via A40 to Cheltenham then A435 towards Evesham
- Prescott is situated 5 miles north east of Cheltenham off the A435 (Evesham Road) between Gotherington and Gretton.
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.