Bennetts is trying to gain a better understanding of what motorcyclists think about a variety of subjects including: rider training, bike security and two-wheeled usage throughout the country – and has launched its very own Rider Panel, consisting of thousands of riders in the UK and Northern Ireland.
Bennetts insurance policy holders were contacted and asked to join the panel – with almost 4,500 riders responding to the recruitment survey and expressing an interest in being the voice of motorcyclists.
The first survey will be sent out later this month to the Bennetts Rider Panel, and in light of recent events will focus on motorcycle and scooter thefts. Questions will be based around: what security devices they currently use, what security devices they think are most effective, where riders perceive the most thefts from taking place, how concerned they are about their bike being stolen and whether they think there are enough secure parking spaces for motorcycles and scooters.
The results from the survey will then be used to build up a wide picture of rider’s thoughts and opinions, which Bennetts can then use to push for changes in laws and regulations to enhance rider’s experiences.
Bennetts PR, Events and Sponsorship Manager Sofie Bronserud said: “We’re extremely happy to be launching our Rider Panel and to find out more about what riders think in the UK. Speaking with customers at shows, listening to the feedback from our call centre staff – and of course being riders ourselves – we know what is important to motorcyclists, but it will be great to see whether the importance placed on certain topics is more prevalent in some areas than others or by a certain age range or gender. Our plan is to use the results to drive change for riders in the UK.”
The initial findings from the Bennetts Rider survey (9,487 responses) include:
• 40% of respondents have been riding longer than they have been driving – with 12% ‘about the same’
• 85% of those who took part in the survey said they enjoyed journeys for pleasure riding a motorcycle the most vs other vehicles, in the last 12 months
• Of those who completed the survey, 94% agreed with the statement: ‘being a motorcyclist makes you a better driver’.
For more information on Bennetts motorcycle insurance, click HERE.
- WORLD LAUNCH: First impressions of Yamaha’s new MT-09 for 2021 - 4 March 2021
- Motorcycle giants join forces to create swappable battery system - 1 March 2021
- MoreBikes A-Z of Battery Care. Part Four (S-V). - 26 February 2021
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.