BMW has launched its latest bike aimed at the mid-sized super scoot sector – the funky-looking C 400 X.
The German company says that the new bike has a: “Powerful, efficiency-optimised single-cylinder engine combined with CVT transmission, vibration decoupling and ASC.”
The motor kicks out 34bhp. Power transmission is via a CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) gearbox and a torsionally stiff drivetrain swing arm with innovative swing arm bearing for minimum vibration.
Automatic Stability Control ASC ensures increased safety during acceleration, especially on slippery surfaces.
The BMW C 400 X has a tubular steel frame. Suspension and damping are taken care of by a telescopic fork at the front and two spring struts at the rear. Brake performance is provided by the twin disc brake at the front in conjunction with a single disc brake at the rear, along with ABS as standard.
The bike gets LED lights as standard and there’s an instrument cluster with 6.5‑inch full-colour TFT screen which is available as an ex-works option. In conjunction with the BMW Motorrad Multi-Controller, this means the rider can access vehicle and connectivity functions quickly and without being distracted from what is happening on the road.
The highlights of the new BMW C 400 X:
- Efficiency-optimised single-cylinder engine with a capacity of 350cc, high torque and CVT gearbox.
- Highly compact design with wet sump lubrication.
- 34bhp at 7,500 rpm and 35Nm at 6,000rpm.
- Electronic fuel injection, digital engine control and ASC.
- Suspension with rugged tubular steel frame.
- Torsionally stiff drivetrain swing arm with innovative swing arm bearing for minimum vibration.
- Telescopic fork at front and two spring struts at rear with ample spring travel.
- Powerful braking system with ABS as standard.
- LED lighting technology as standard.
- Connectivity: Multifunctional instrument cluster with 6.5-inch full-colour TFT screen and numerous features as an ex-works option.
- Generous storage space with two storage compartments and Flexcase.
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.