It may be over seven months away, but the excitement is already building for the 2018 Isle of Man TT, which will run May 26 through June 8. And to whet your appetite, here’s the official trailer for the iconic outing on the roads of the small island set in the middle of the Irish Sea.
We think that this video is absolutely BRILLIANT. It’s six and a half minutes long and well worth watching in full. It kicks off by paying homage to the iconic Trainspotting movie, with John McGuiness going full Renton and telling us to ‘choose life, choose bikes’. Naturally, the film also sets up the brewing battle between Ian Hutchinson and Michael Dunlop – but it’s the action footage from 2017 event that really got us going. Turn the sound up loud, kick back, and enjoy.
SCHEDULE: 26.05.18 – 08.06.18
Saturday, May 26, through Friday, June 1:
- 6:20pm – 8:50pm: Qualifying
Saturday, June 2:
- 12pm: RST Superbike TT Race (6 laps)
- 3pm: Sidecar TT Race 1 (3 laps)
Monday, June 4:
- 10:45am: Monster Energy Supersport TT Race 1(4 laps)
- 2:15pm: RL360º Quantum Superstock TT Race (4 laps)
Wednesday, June 6:
- 10:45am: Monster Energy Supersport TT Race 2 (4 laps)
- 1:45pm: Bennetts Lightweight TT Race (4 laps)
- 4:25pm: SES Zero TT Race (1 lap)
Friday, June 8:
- 10:30am: Sidecar TT Race 2 (3 laps)
- 12:45pm: PokerStars Senior TT Race (6 laps)
- PATENTS: HONDA’s designs for ‘traffic monitoring’ cameras - 22 September 2021
- RUMOURS: CFMOTO 300CL-X tipped for launch - 22 September 2021
- MotoGP: Michelin extends EXCLUSIVE tyre contract to 2026 - 16 September 2021
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.