The Google owned sat nav mobile app Waze has today unveiled its new motorcycle mode, which has been specifically tweaked for motorcycle, moped and scooter owners in the UK. And it’s free.
In addition to getting the standard selection of Waze features, including alerts on police, speed-camera and speed traps, road closures and restrictions – motorcyclists will also be able to take advantage of:
Enjoy everything More Bikes by reading the monthly newspaper, Read FREE Online.
- Improved routes based on information from fellow motorcyclists
- Better arrival time estimations that may vary from automobile ETAs
- Routing on narrow roads where cars are not permitted
- New Motorcycle cursor for vehicle type; new motorcycle moods available to all Wazers
- Talk to Waze feature. Say “OK Waze!” to activate voice commands, send reports and more, with your hands on the ‘wheel’ / handlebars at all times.
Finlay Clark, head of Waze UK says, “Drive times, routes and roads vary between automobiles and motorcycles so by including this new vehicle type, Waze is proud to be supporting a driving experience unique to motorcycle navigation.
“Due to their size and agility, motorcycles are an efficient and economical solution for many living in busy urban centres. Motorcycles, mopeds and scooter numbers have been increasing year on year in the UK as people turn to alternative means of transport.
“This new feature answers the call made by countless Waze fans, in the UK and the world over. By adding a distinction within vehicle types, data collection will increase in accuracy, and all drivers regardless of transport type will benefit.”
For more information, visit: www.waze.com/en-GB/