At the official tests in Sepang Valentino Rossi amazed everyone with a brand new helmet for the first laps of 2014. As usual “The Doctor” showed no lack of originality and never ceases to surprise us with his ideas.
After the more conservative yellow and grey AGV Pista GP that he wore during last year’s Winter Tests to match the colour scheme of his bike until the final livery had been decided upon, the new helmet that was exclusively created for the Malaysia track is simply spectacular.
The designer, Aldo Drudi, included the famous Sun and Moon symbol Valentino carried during the 2013 World Championship Series. This time however, he inverted things by 180° with the front and rear apparently the same.
From behind it looks as if Valentino’s face is peering out from behind a visor almost as if to taunt his adversaries. By means of the message “I have my eyes on you”, the Tavullia rider appears to be clearly stating his intention to get back in the game, reclaim his name as the best in the world and finally win his 10th World Championship title.
The Corsa limited edition replica will be available from June costing £799.
To order, visit your local TeamAGV dealer, to find your nearest dealer visit: www.agv.co.uk/dealer-search
The Corsa has the performance of the Pista GP and the characteristics of a helmet for road and track use. Unlike the Pista GP, the Corsa comes with a system for opening and closing the air vents, which makes it a less extreme, more versatile helmet. The SSL Carbon/Aramid/Fiberglass shell has the same silhouette and aerodynamic properties as the Pista GP and utilises the same revolutionary customfit interior.
Hand made in Italy with protection of the environment: the Corsa is designed and made in Italy by highly qualified craftsmen using the very latest technology. The helmets are manufactured using the best technologies with great effort invested in protecting the environment. Waterjet technology is used to cut the SSL shells, the painting system uses eco-compatible water based paints and a dust suppression/residue treatment system is in operation throughout the entire factory.
- Carbon/Aramid/Fiberglass SSL (Super Super Light) Shell
- 4 shell sizes
- Clear rear aerodynamic spoiler
- ECE 2205, ACU GOLD
- Breathable Lycra® lining and Shalimar® fabric with sanitized treatment
- Fully removable and washable inner liners and cheekpads
- Custom fit adjustable liners and cheekpads (adjustment kit included)
- IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) with large ducts hollowed into the shell for improved air circulation inside the helmet and better aerodynamic efficiency
- Switchable air intakes
- XQRS Visor mechanism (Extra Quick Release System) in metal with rototranslation opening. Visor front micro-lock system that reduces the risk of accidental opening in the event of an accident.
- Quick release system for toolfree removal and replacement of the visor in seconds
- Race flat, Class 1 optical standards, anti-scratch and pinlock ready visor (pinlock included) with wide field of vision. Suitable for tear off strips (included)
- Double D Retention system
- Removable nose guard
- Removable windproof chin protection
- Weight 1350g (size MS)
- Sizes XS – S – MS – ML – L – XL – XXL
*Images for illustration purposes only. Actual graphic will be on an AGV Corsa shell and not the Pista GP as shown.
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.