The first Honda CB750 was launched at the Tokyo Motor Show in October 1968 – and this year celebrates its 50th Anniversary. To celebrate, a special CB750 SOHC Celebration Day will be held at The David Silver Honda Collection museum in Leiston, Suffolk on Saturday 29th September 2018.
To commemorate the special occasion, David Silver’s aim is to attract as many SOHC CB750’s as possible to the one special day, to celebrate the birth of the CB750. Consequently, the event is open to all owners of any of the 1969 to 1978 SOHC CB750 models. More specifically:
– CB750 (1969)
– CB750-K0/K1/K2/K3/K4/K5/K6/K7 & K8 (1970 to 1978)
– CB750A Hondamatic (all models)
– CB750 Phil Read Replica & CB750SS Honda Britain (CB750-F2)
– Your CB750 SOHC Special (Custom, Racer or similar)
The David Silver Honda Collection brings together over 170 classic Honda’s – from an original, unrestored sandcast CB750 that features Frame number CB750-1000750, through to fine examples of the CB750-K1, K2, K6, K7, CB750A Hondamatic, CB750-F1, F2 as well as Phil Read and CB750SS Replicas.
Owners are welcome, and encouraged, to ride their CB750 to the event or if travelling from far, bring by transport – and then, during the day’s celebration, all arriving CB750’s will be judged by an expert team and eight awards will be presented in the following categories:
- The earliest (lowest VIN number) CB750
- The earliest genuine UK model CB750
- The most original CB750
- The best presented CB750
- The furthest travelled (ridden!) CB750 of the day
- The highest mileage CB750
- Best CB750 special
- The Judges favourite CB750.
Entry forms are available now from David Silver Spares – email@example.com – with entries closing on August 31st. The David Silver Honda Collection museum will be open with free entry on the day and refreshments will be available.
- EVENTS: TOP reasons to VISIT the Classic Motorcycle Mechanics Show - 24 September 2021
- DUCATI teases NEW bikes for 2021 - 24 September 2021
- Bimota’s KB4 is coming. MORE tech info and MORE pictures. - 23 September 2021
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.