1. Jonathan Rea (Kawasaki Racing Team) has never finished lower than second here, winning five times out of six.
2. Rea’s team-mate Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) has won the only race his team-mate hasn’t won here: Race 2 in 2016.
3. Jonathan Rea has led every single lap around Chang International Circuit both last year and in 2015.
4. In Buriram, Marco Melandri (Aruba.it Racing – Ducati) will try to score his third consecutive win in Race 1. He has secured a string of three wins in his WorldSBK career before, in 2012: Race 2 in Aragon and a double in Brno.
5. This is the only track of the 2018 calendar where Tom Sykes has raced but hasn’t recorded pole.
6. There are only three tracks on the current calendar in which Chaz Davies (Aruba.it Racing – Ducati) never qualified for the front row: Buriram, Misano and Jerez.
7. This is the only track where Jonathan Rea has finished all the races he has started on the podium.
8. The WorldSBK Championship has run 80 races in Asia so far.
9. The most successful rider in Asia is Jonathan Rea, with 8 wins (5 in Buriram, 2 in Losail and 1 in Sepang). Rea overtook Carl Fogarty last year, who has won seven times in Asia (2 in Johor, 2 in Sugo and 3 in Sentul).
10. Ducati has won at six of the eight Asian tracks in the history of the Championship: Johor, Losail, Sentul, Sepang, Shah Alam and Sugo. Missing from this list are only Buriram and Istanbul.
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.