In 1993 Kevin Schwantz became World Champion wearing a pair of Alpinestars GP PRO boots – and to mark the 25th anniversary since the Texan’s historic title, Alpinestars has unveiled a new pair of Limited Edition Kevin Schwantz Supertech R’s.
No one typifies the all-or-nothing, knife-edge, racing of the 90s like Kevin Schwantz. Hailing from Houston, Texas, his background in motocross gave him the skills to battle shoulder to shoulder out on the tarmac, with his own unique style. And, to celebrate 25 years since his World Championship win, Alpinestars has unveiled a pair of boots inspired by the GP Pro boots he wore on that very day.
Designed and developed to the highest technical standards, the new Schwantz Supertech R Boots represent the pinnacle of racing innovation for track and road use. Every component is meticulously engineered for high performance protection, precision and flexibility – while offering speed and style, giving fans the opportunity to show their Texas spirit by wearing their favourite rider’s boots.
The Supertech R incorporates a range of innovations, including a redesigned compound rubber sole, an ergonomically profiled shin plate, a redesigned front flex area, plus the pioneering dual torsion, bio-mechanical ankle brace – all of which enhance the podium winning performance of this CE certified boot. Cool right?
- Flexible accordion microfiber stretch at Achilles allows natural movement.
- Innovative, full length medial-facing microfiber panel features new texture pattern offering excellent grip and feel against the bike and protects from abrasion and heat.
- Flexible, lightweight toe shifter allows feel for changing gears.
- Separate internal bio-mechanical ankle brace works with the outer structure of the boot to form a protective system allowing full and free movement of the foot, ankle, and leg.
- External entry has stretch accordion panel for a close fit and ease of entrance and removal.
- New, soft TPU stretch panel on the lateral side gives easy closure with an excellent fit.
- Zip is made from TPU to reduce friction in the event of a crash.
- Velcro tab locks the zip pull closed, keeping it flat and secure.
- Shin plate features new micro-adjustable ratchet top closure for safe and precise fit.
- These boots are available in men’s EURO sizes 42 – 46.
- Product availability is extremely limited so early purchase is recommended to ensure fulfillment.
For more information, click HERE.
- MotoGP: Michelin extends EXCLUSIVE tyre contract to 2026 - 16 September 2021
- Honda reveals ‘baby’ Africa Twin - 16 September 2021
- PATENTS: Yamaha’s new RADAR warning system - 2 September 2021
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.