RAF Regular & Reserves Kawasaki’s Jake Dixon was the rider to beat after the opening two Bennetts British Superbike Championship free practice sessions at Cadwell Park as he held off Danny Buchan to grab the top spot in the afternoon session.
Leon Haslam had initially set the pace in the early stages, but then Buchan was on a charge and he fired the FS-3 Racing Kawasaki to the top of the times. However the times were to change again with Dixon upping the pace in the closing moments to topple his off track friend from the top of the times.
Haslam dropped to third ahead of Glenn Irwin, who bounced back from a crash this morning to hold off a resurgent Bradley Ray on the Buildbase Suzuki.
Michael Laverty fired the Tyco BMW into sixth place ahead of Richard Cooper and the second Be Wiser Ducati of Andrew Irwin with Peter Hickman and Christian Iddon completing the top ten.
Josh Brookes was running inside the top ten until he crashed out at Charlies unhurt, he ended the session 14th for McAMS Yamaha.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Cadwell Park, Free Practice 2:
- Jake Dixon (RAF Regular & Reserves Kawasaki) 1m:26.071s
- Danny Buchan (FS-3 Racing Kawasaki) +0.517s
- Leon Haslam (JG Speedfit Kawasaki) +0.709s
- Glenn Irwin (Be Wiser Ducati) +0.720s
- Bradley Ray (Buildbase Suzuki) +0.962s
- Michael Laverty (Tyco BMW) +1.063s
- Richard Cooper (Buildbase Suzuki) +1.093s
- Andrew Irwin (Be Wiser Ducati) +1.252s
- Peter Hickman (Smiths Racing BMW) +1.320s
- Christian Iddon (Tyco BMW) +1.480s