The rumour mill has been going crazy with reports – and have a look at the excellent MotoGP outlet that is GPone for more on this – that Fenati could actually be being lined up for a RETURN to Moto2 GP racing – and it could happen as soon as MOTEGI in Japan on October 21.
The astonishing story stirring things up is currently going like this:
- Fenati serves the two-race ban handed out by the FIM, this means he’s not around for this weekend’s round at Aragon, Spain and October 7th’s Thailand round at Chang
- He is then brought back to the championship as a very public ‘to take part in the races and to promote good racecraft, safety and sportsmanlike conduct’ on track – this will act as part of his rehabilitation and re-birth in the eyes of the racing public
- None-other than Carmelo Ezpeleta – Dorna boss – is currently working on getting Fenati back into a team as soon as possible
- There’s some talk that he may return WITH the Marinelli Snipers team – the squad he was fired from immediately after the incident with Manzi (this rumour is being disputed though, so take this with a huge pinch of salt)
- Fenati will race in the championship for the remaining four rounds of the season from Japan onward. His participation will be closely monitored and his return combines a public ‘teaching and promotion’ of positive action on track, some Italians are calling this a type of ‘social care’ plan for the 22-year-old
There’s no official comment about this from either Fenati, Dorna or anyone associated with the championship. If we hear anything about this then we’ll let you know. It’s worth noting that FIM boss Vito Ippolito has said: “One thing I want to clarify is the that we did not call him (Fenati) to the FIM to crucify him, but to listen to him.
“Our goal is to make an objective analysis of the the facts and then make a decision.”
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.