Bonhams has just announced the sale of the Sant Hilari Collection, which will be going under the hammer at the two-day Spring Stafford Sale as part of The International Classic MotorCycle Show which takes place across the 27-28 April 2019.
The collection comprises more than 100 competition machines from an eclectic range of marques, including: Gilera, Moto Guzzi, Kramer, Husqvarna, Maico, CZ, Jawa, Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda, KTM, Bultaco, Motobi, Ossa, MAV, SWM, Moto Villa, Beta, Anvian, DKW, Cagiva, Greeves, Tri-BSA, Sachs, Fantic, Cannondale, VOR, Aprilia, Husaberg, Kawasaki, Montesa, Macal, Ducson and Ducati.
The seller amassed the impressive collection of machines over a lifetime spent as both a competitive rider and a works mechanic for several top-flight teams. The collection charts the development of many manufacturers including several prototype machines. Highlights include:
• 1976 Husqvarna 250 CR GP (£2,500-3,500)
• c.1983 Maico 250 Motocross (£2,800 – 3,500)
• c.1980 Barigo Yamaha TT500G Motocross (£3,000-4,000)
• c.1979 Bultaco 370 Frontera Mk II Enduro (£2,000-3,000)
• c.2004 Yamaha WR450F 2-TRAC Enduro (£4,000-6,000)
• 1954/1957 Tri-BSA 498cc Motocross (£6,000-9,000)
James Stensel, Head of Bonhams Motorcycle Department, commented: ‘We at Bonhams pride ourselves on catering to every aspect of the motorcycling world, and competition machines play an integral role within it. So many of today’s best riders cut their teeth on competition motorcycles, and it is a corner of the market that is sadly often overlooked despite its passionate international fan base. We look forward to welcoming likeminded enthusiasts and collectors to our Spring Stafford Sale for another two-day motorcycle bonanza.’
In addition to the Sant Hilari Collection, the sale includes an impressive range of Veteran, Vintage, and Classic machines, including:
• Ex-Tom Arter Snr, Brands Hatch Grass Track lap record holder, c.1938 AJS 500cc Model 38-7 Grass Track Racing Special (£16,000 – 18,000)
• Ex-George and Mildred, Dads Army, 1933 Brough Superior 1,096cc 11-50hp and Cruiser Sidecar (£60,000 – 80,000)
• 1925 Coventry Eagle 980cc Flying-8 OHV (£100,000 – 120,000)
• 1924 Brough Superior 980cc SS80, (£90,000 – 130,000)
• 1952 Vincent 998cc Rapide Series-C (£28,000 – 32,000)
For more information, visit: www.bonhams.com/springstafford
- Honda’s new sport touring twin: the NT1100 - 21 October 2021
- WIN! We’ve got TWENTY pairs of tickets to Motorcycle Live up for grabs. Click HERE to enter. - 7 October 2021
- Ducati gives its Multistrada the V2 treatment - 7 October 2021
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.