OK, so it’s not exactly a trip to the shops – but check this out for an amazing way to get your riding season off to a massive bang. On Saturday, March 23 Mugello is being taken over by the Italian factory for an incredible day of on and off-track fun and games. Superstars, incredible motorcycles and the chance to win a new Shiver – all on tap.
Here’s what Aprilia has just sent us about this – we’ll leave it in the factory’s own words for you to peruse. It’s a big ride there, but what a reason to go, eh?
ALL IN ONE UNFORGETTABLE DAY ON THE MOST BEAUTIFUL TRACK IN THE WORLD:
- PRESENTATION OF THE 2019 MOTOGP APRILIA RACING TEAM
- MEET AND WATCH RIDERS IANNONE, ESPARGARÓ AND SMITH IN ACTION
- SEE EXTRAORDINARY CHAMPIONS LIKE BIAGGI, CAPIROSSI, POGGIALI AND MANY OTHERS BACK ON THE TRACK
- WIN A FANTASTIC APRILIA SHIVER 900, PLUS MOTOGP PASSES, COURSES IN THE APRILIA ACADEMY AND
- HUNDREDS OF OTHER FABULOUS PRIZES. NOT TO MENTION APPAREL, GIVE-AWAYS, APRILIA AND APRILIA RACING ACCESSORIES.
- TRY OUT THE 2019 APRILIA RANGE MODELS IN TEST RIDES
- ROCK OUT TO THE MUSIC OF VIRGIN RADIO AND ENTERTAINMENT IN THE PADDOCK
On the track, along with the MotoGP bikes, a global sneak peek of the new, 217 HP RSV4 1100 Factory
Winter is ending and on Saturday, 23 March, the first weekend of spring, Aprilia invites all motorcycling enthusiasts to an extraordinary celebration on the most spectacular bike track in the world, Mugello, a true temple of global motorcycling. It’s time to get the beloved bike out of the garage and race along the Tuscan hills for a special day, covered by the Sky Sport and Sky MotoGP channels, to celebrate one of the most victorious motorcycle brands in the world, its heritage, its bikes and its champions of yesterday and today.
The party is free and open to all fans, their families, groups of friends and allmotorcyclists, not just Aprilia owners. It will be a once in a lifetime chance to personally meet the MotoGP team riders Andrea Iannone, Aleix Espargaróand Bradley Smith and to see the extraordinary RS-GP machines that race in the premier class of the Grand Prix Motorcycle Racing world championship.
The highlight of the event will be the presentation on the track of the Aprilia MotoGP team, hosted by Guido Meda and Vera Spadini. The Aprilia Racing Team Gresini riders, Iannone and Espargaró, and test rider Smith will be celebrated by all the members of the big Aprilia Racing family.
There will be plenty of stars on hand, even from the world of sports and entertainment, all at Mugello while Max Biaggi, Loris Capirossi, Manuel Poggiali, Lorenzo Savadori and other riders who have written pages in Aprilia history all take to the track together. Also on the track will be the new RSV4 1100 Factory, the 217 HP Aprilia superbike for its global unveiling on the Mugello track.
The paddock will come to life from 10 in the morning all the way into the evening, livened up with entertainment from Virgin Radio, hosted by Ringowith music, events and a constant stream of games and prizes. Hundreds of Aprilia prizes will be up for grabs, from passes to MotoGP rounds, to apparel, from accessories to racing and rider memorabilia. All the way to the final grand prize, a shiny new Aprilia Shiver 900.
Welcoming the thousands of fans to the paddock will be the Aprilia Racing partner areas: Sky, Diadora and Gulf will open their stands to welcome fans while everyone will have the chance to purchase Aprilia and Aprilia Racing brand apparel and merchandising from the well stocked Aprilia brand shop.
At aprilia.com and allstars.aprilia.com, you can find the complete list of activities which will liven up, not only the paddock from 10 in the morning until 6 in the afternoon but also, thanks to the free test rides of the 2019 Aprilia range, even the magnificent streets of Mugello:
- MEET&GREET WITH THE 2019 MOTOGP RACING TEAM RIDERS
- RIDER SHOW-LAPS AND LOTS OF OTHER SURPRISES ON THE TRACK
- TEST RIDES ON THE ROAD WITH BOOKING ON SITE AND DISPLAY OF THE 2019 MOTORCYCLE RANGE, INCLUDING THE EXTRAORDINARY CONCEPT RS660
- SPECIAL ACTIVITIES AND EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO THE CENTRAL GRANDSTANDS FOR THE #BEARACER CLUB COMMUNITY
- RESERVED PARKING, WITH A DEDICATED AREA IN THE PADDOCK FOR APRILIA MOTORCYCLES
- FOOD AREA IN THE PADDOCK
- CLOSING PARADE, EVERYONE ON THE TRACK WITH THEIR OWN APRILIA BIKES
And for those who love a bike road trip, the Road to Aprilia All Stars is available, a three-day tour to experience the Mugello event “on the road” as a group. Complete information for this initiative is also available at allstars.aprilia.com