Offering lively performance combined with agile handling and dynamic good looks, Yamaha say that the X-MAX family sets the standard in the sport scooter segment: “Ever since we totally revolutionized the scooter market with the introduction of the original market-leading TMAX, Yamaha has continued to expand and diversify the model range, and the company is constantly looking to develop new models that meet the demands of the increasingly sophisticated marketplace.”
Yamaha’s X-MAX models are designed to appeal to customers with a sporty and energetic lifestyle, looking for a mode of transport that matches their needs. These sporty models – with their unique combination of slim body and surprising storage space – are also aimed at the many commuters looking for a powered two-wheeler that complements their fast-moving and busy lifestyle.
New X-MAX 400 MOMODESIGN
For 2014 the Yamaha sport scooter line up is strengthened with the addition of the new X-MAX 400 MOMODESIGN. This exclusive new model benefits from a range of high-end stylistic elements together with a number of special features that have been created in association with the renowned Italian design firm MOMO Design.
By working together with MOMO Design, Yamaha have been able to create a package that fuses Italian style with Japanese technology. The two companies have already collaborated on the X-MAX 250 and X-MAX 125 MOMODESIGN models, launched in 2012, and the positive response to these high-fashion scooters has led Yamaha to work with MOMO Design to create the very special X-MAX 400 MOMODESIGN.
One of the most striking features of this new scooter is its MOMODESIGN graphic set that underlines the sleek and sporty lines of this agile 400cc model. The smoked sport screen with MOMODESIGN graphics gives a sleeker profile, while a satin chrome handlebar cover and special rubber handlebar grips – with finely machined stainless steel end grips – add style at the front end. More Italian flair can be seen in the smoked lenses and special graphics on the meters, and the satin chrome speedometer ring enhances the look and feel of the automotive-style instruments.
The side covers are treated with an aluminium type graphic, and this metallic image is reinforced by the X-MAX 400 MOMODESIGN’s natural anodized aluminium footplate. A newly designed duo-tone textured seat complements the sport screen and other MOMO Design features.
Yamaha and MOMO Design have also worked together to develop an exclusive MOMODESIGN helmet. Featuring the same design philosophy as the X-MAX 400 MOMODESIGN, this special helmet gives a fashionable and coordinated look for style-conscious riders. The helmet is available in 2 different options: The first model is the MD Jet Helmet, a fibreglass moulded shell which combines best performance and cutting edge design, and is available in three stunning colour options, all featuring the classic Yamaha Speedblock logo along the sides, with a MOMODESIGN logo on the top.
The second model is the MD Demi Jet Helmet Light, historically inspired by the helmets of helicopter pilots which is equipped with a flip-up spherical visor and inner sun visor, finished in two beautiful colour options, each featuring a MOMO DESIGN logo and grey Speedblock logo on top.
X-MAX 400 MOMODESIGN – EXCLUSIVE SPECIAL FEATURES
- MOMODESIGN bodywork graphics
- Smoked sport screen with special graphics
- Specially designed duo-tone textured dual seat
- Finely upholstered interior pads
- Exclusive instrumentation with smoked lenses
- Satin chrome speedometer ring and handlebar cover
- Aluminium footplate
- Aluminium-type side cover graphics
- Special rubber handlebar grips
- Machined stainless steel end grips
- Exclusive color: Power Black (MBL2)
STANDARD X-MAX 400 – KEY TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Class leading 400cc sport scooter
- Lightest and most compact scooter in the class
- Easy and lightweight handling characteristics
- Powerful 400cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke engine
- Strong acceleration and a high cruising speed
- Comfortable upright motorcycle-type riding position
- Large 15-inch front wheel
- LED position lights and LED tail lights
- Underseat storage for two full-face helmets
- High quality interior with car style instruments
- Dual 267mm floating front discs for strong braking performance
- ABS option available
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.