Scott Redding kicked off the opening Bennetts British Superbike Championship free practice session at Snetterton by topping the times for the Be Wiser Ducati team, holding off a late improving Peter Hickman and Dan Linfoot in the closing minutes of the opener.
Redding had set the benchmark early in the session but in his last run in the 45 minute free practice, the championship leader improved his best time. A final shuffle of the pack in the closing stages saw Peter Hickman elevate to second with Dan Linfoot also leaping up the order to complete the top three.
Tarran Mackenzie dropped to fourth in the closing minutes for McAMS Yamaha, holding off his teammate Jason O’Halloran and Knockhill race winner Danny Buchan. OMG Racing Suzuki’s Luke Mossey had a positive start to his home round as he ended the session in eighth overall ahead of Luke Stapleford and Tommy Bridewell on the Oxford Racing Ducati. Josh Brookes completed the top ten on the second of the Be Wiser Ducatis.
Enjoy everything More Bikes by reading the monthly newspaper, Read FREE Online.
Christian Iddon returned to action after his Knockhill injury, ending the opening session in 15th place just ahead of Michael Laverty who returns on the second Tyco BMW in place of Keith Farmer who continues his recovery from injury.
Hector Barbera was 20th in the opening session on his debut at the Norfolk circuit with the Quattro Plant – JG Speedfit Kawasaki team, deputising for Glenn Irwin who is sidelined with a virus. Ryan Vickers was 22nd on his return to action for the local RAF Regular & Reserves Kawasaki team.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Snetterton, Free Practice 1:
- Scott Redding (Be Wiser Ducati) 1m:48.817s
- Peter Hickman (Smiths Racing BMW) +0.216s
- Dan Linfoot (Santander Salt TAG Yamaha) +0.830s
- Tarran Mackenzie (McAMS Yamaha) +0.839s
- Jason O’Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) +1.012s
- Danny Buchan (FS3-Racing Kawasaki) +1.120s
- Luke Mossey (OMG Racing Suzuki) +1.168s
- Luke Stapleford (Buildbase Suzuki) +1.439s
- Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Racing Ducati) +1.549s
- Josh Brookes (Be Wiser Ducati) +1.954s