Tommy Bridewell claimed the Oxford Racing Ducati team their first Bennetts British Superbike Championship race win in the third and final race of the weekend at Oulton Park as Tarran Mackenzie and Peter Hickman were confirmed as the final two Title Fighters for the Showdown.
At the start of the race Bradley Ray led the pack from Scott Redding, Josh Brookes and Danny Buchan. However, race one victor Brookes was on the move and by lap three passed his teammate and then made a decisive move into Lodge to take the lead.
Brookes was trying to break the pack, but behind Bridewell was on the move, and was edging up the order and by the seventh lap was into third ahead of Redding.
There was disaster for Brookes though on lap ten when he crashed out unhurt at Shell Oils corner, however the 2015 champion heads into the opening Showdown round of Assen with a three point lead over Redding.
Bridewell then had an advantage and the Showdown contender was able to hold a 3.798s lead at the chequered flag over Ray who celebrated his second podium finish of the weekend for Buildbase Suzuki, holding an advantage over Redding who completed the podium.
Buchan was a lonely fourth place for FS3-Racing Kawasaki ahead of an intense battle for fifth that was won by Glenn Irwin on the lone Tyco BMW after his teammate Christian Iddon had another Showdown heartbreak with a technical problem forcing him out of the action.
Jason O’Halloran was the leading McAMS Yamaha in sixth ahead of his teammate Tarran Mackenzie who claimed a Showdown position for the first time after holding off fellow Showdown Title Fighter Peter Hickman.
Ryan Vickers was ninth for the RAF Regular & Reserves Kawasaki team ahead of Andrew Irwin who finished tenth despite having to fight his way from the back of the grid and almost crashed when Iddon slowed instantly in front of him with a problem.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Oulton Park, Race 3 result:
- Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Racing Ducati)
- Bradley Ray (Buildbase Suzuki) +3.798s
- Scott Redding (Be Wiser Ducati) +5.603s
- Danny Buchan (FS-3 Racing Kawasaki) +10.571s
- Glenn Irwin (Tyco BMW) +23.522s
- Jason O’Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) +23.671s
- Tarran Mackenzie (McAMS Yamaha) +24.441s
- Peter Hickman (Smiths Racing BMW) +26.961s
- Ryan Vickers (RAF Regular & Reserves Kawasaki) +30.066s
- Andrew Irwin (Honda Racing) +30.851s
Bennetts British Superbike Championship standings ahead of the Showdown:
- Josh Brookes (Be Wiser Ducati) 548
- Scott Redding (Be Wiser Ducati) 545
- Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Racing Ducati) 524
- Tarran Mackenzie (McAMS Yamaha) 515
- Danny Buchan (FS-3 Racing Kawasaki) 514
- Peter Hickman (Smiths Racing BMW) 501
- MotoGP: Jack Miller auctions helmet for bushfire crisis - 11 January 2020
- BSB: Barberá in OMG Racing move for 2020 Bennetts British Superbike Championship - 24 November 2019
- MotoGP: Viñales redeems Island fall to claim formidable Sepang win - 3 November 2019
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.