Danny Buchan kicked off the Bennetts British Superbike Championship weekend at Donington Park by topping the timesheets in the opening free practice session, holding off Joe Francis by 0.159s at the chequered flag.
Andrew Irwin had surged up the times into third place in the losing stages for Honda Racing, nudging Taylor Mackenzie into fourth after an impressive start for the Superstock 1000 contender with the Tyco BMW team.
Ben Currie was fifth fastest on the Quattro Plant JG Speedfit Kawasaki, narrowly ahead of Scott Redding who had climbed the order on the leading Be Wiser Ducati in the closing stages to hold sixth place ahead of Josh Brookes.
Dan Linfoot had been running inside the top three in the opening stages and he held eighth place at the chequered flag ahead of Ryan Vickers who was back in action, following his wrist injury sustained at Assen with Christian Iddon completing the top ten.
Showdown contenders Peter Hickman and Tarran Mackenzie were 13th and 14th respectively with Tommy Bridewell holding 19th.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Donington Park, Free Practice 1:
- Danny Buchan (FS-3 Racing Kawasaki) 1m:40.017s
- Joe Francis (Lloyd & Jones Bowker BMW) +0.159s
- Andrew Irwin (Honda Racing) +0.448s
- Taylor Mackenzie (Tyco BMW) +0.970s
- Ben Currie (Quattro Plant JG Speedfit Kawasaki) +1.012s
- Scott Redding (Be Wiser Ducati) +1.101s
- Josh Brookes (Be Wiser Ducati) +1.205s
- Dan Linfoot (Santander Salt TAG Yamaha) +1.255s
- Ryan Vickers (RAF Regular & Reserve Kawasaki) +1.264s
- Christian Iddon (Tyco BMW) +1.409s
- MotoGP: Jack Miller auctions helmet for bushfire crisis - 11 January 2020
- BSB: Barberá in OMG Racing move for 2020 Bennetts British Superbike Championship - 24 November 2019
- MotoGP: Viñales redeems Island fall to claim formidable Sepang win - 3 November 2019
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.