So let’s start with the Thruxton RS – a specced-up Thruxton that’s lighter and more powerful than its predecessor, the Thruxton R. The RS has just been unveiled at the EICMA Show in Milan, Italy.
Triumph says that the bike has had a major power increase (up by 8PS to 105PS) with more power across the entire rev range. It makes 112Nm of torque that is now delivered 700rpm lower in the rev range too.
Apparently, there’s a 20% reduction in the inertia of the engine which results in a more responsive and “characterful” engine which is higher-revving than on the previous bike (500rpm more at the red-line).
The Thruxton RS also gets enhanced rider modes.
On the scales, the bike is a full 6kg lighter than the old bike and now gets Brembo M50 radial Monobloc calipers. As standard it comes on Metzeler Racetec RR tyres and still has all the equipment of the Thruxton R including:
- Twin 320mm floating Brembo discs & master cylinder
- Race bred, adjustable Showa big piston forks
- Fully adjustable Öhlins twin rear shocks
- ABS & switchable Traction Control
- LED DRL headlight & LED indicators (market dependent)
- Underseat USB
The new blacked-out styling includes black anodised wheels and engine covers and a black Ohlins RSU spring set-up at the back end. There’s also a twin-colour paint option, if you don’t want your Thruxton RS too single-colour.
The new Thruxton RS makes 8PS more power than the previous Thruxton R. This is delivered by engine upgrades including high compression pistons, revised ports and cam profile, a secondary air system and a whole host of lighter weight engine components, including:
- Low inertia crankshaft
- Balance shafts
- Rare-Earth alternator
- Magnesium cam cover
- Thin walled engine covers
The Thruxton RS’ distinctive twin upswept silencers add an all-new Euro 5 spec catalytic converter which delivers lower emissions.
The bike also gets three upgraded riding modes. Linked to the ride-by-wire system, the upgraded three selectable riding modes, Sport, Road and Rain, now adjust throttle map, ABS and traction control settings to better suit the riding conditions or rider preference.
The new Thruxton RS comes with a single bullet seat set-up as standard. This enhances the focused cafe racer style of the motorcycle and is body coloured. An optional pillion seat accessory kit will be available with a bespoke dual seat and footpegs.
The new Thruxton RS comes in two colour choices:
- Jet Black
- Matt Storm Grey and Matt Silver Ice
The third all-new Triumph Factory Custom model to be launched, the Bobber TFC delivers its own step up in ultra-premium custom finish and detailing, a higher performance 1,200cc High Torque engine, lighter weight higher specification chassis, with the highest premium level of unique TFC equipment and technology.
- 750 worldwide production
- Each with a numbered edition plaque and unique badging
- Special Bobber TFC handover pack
- 10 PS more peak power and 4 Nm more peak torque than the Bobber and Bobber Black.
- Higher power and torque across the entire rev range
- 39% lower engine inertia resulting in 500 rpm higher revving
- Approx. 5kg lighter than the Bobber Black
(weight subject to final homologation in January 2020)
- High specification of equipment, including:
– Öhlins fully adjustable front forks & adjustable RSU
– Arrow brushed silencers with carbon fibre end caps
– Dual Brembo M50 monobloc brake calipers
– Brembo MCS radial master cylinder
– Three riding modes (road, rain, sport)
– Multifunctional LED rear indicators (market dependent)
– LED headlight with DRL (market dependent)
- – Unique premium carbon fibre bodywork
- – Billet top and bottom yoke with numbered plaque
- – Real leather statement seat
- – Unique TFC badging and instrument faces
- – One-of-a-kind premium TFC paint scheme
- – Short ‘bobber’ front mudguard
- – Textured black powder coated frame and swingarm
With only 750 ever being sold worldwide, the Bobber TFC will be one of Triumph’s most exclusive Modern Classics. Featuring premium TFC badging and instrument fascia with gold detailing, and a beautiful individually-numbered plaque on the top yoke, each one will be uniquely finished.
Every Bobber TFC owner will also receive a special tailor-made TFC handover pack unique to their bike, featuring a numbered letter hand-signed by Triumph’s CEO Nick Bloor, a personalised custom build book, a beautiful Bobber TFC bike cover, a TFC document wallet and a premium leather TFC branded rucksack.
Ekins T120 and T100 Special Editions
Triumph has also launched two very special editions of the iconic Bonneville T120 and T100 that celebrate the iconic name and legend of Bud Ekins. A 1960s motorcycle icon, Bud was a professional Hollywood stuntman, top motocross and desert racer, and the rider who made arguably the most famous motorcycle film jump in history in the WWII film The Great Escape on behalf of his movie star friend and ISDT partner Steve McQueen. These two new special editions feature a one-off Californian inspired Bud Ekins paint scheme and a range of dedicated special details and touches.
- Two very special editions:
- Each model comes with a dedicated two-colour paint scheme with hand-painted coach lining and heritage Triumph logo, used for the first time on a modern full production Triumph.
- Unique California ‘flying globe’ Bud Ekins tank logo
- Dedicated front mudguard paint finish with California ‘ flying globe’ Bud Ekins logo
- Beautiful Bonneville ‘Bud Ekins’ side panel
- Higher specification details and finish:
- Monza filler cap
- Higher specification LED indicators (market dependent)
- Diamond knurled handlebar grips and bar end mirrors
- Dedicated black engine badges
- Collector’s certificate
- Each bike will come with a unique certificate of authenticity that includes an account of the incredible Bud Ekins story
- These are signed by Nick Bloor, Triumph CEO and both
of Bud Ekins’ daughters, Susan Ekins and Donna Ekins
- Based on the timeless Bonneville T120 and Bonneville T100:
- Both motorcycles feature advanced rider-focused
technology for rider control,
safety and confidence
- Both with High Torque twin Bonneville engines, with exciting torque delivery and modern capability, delivering 80 PS on the T120 and 55 PS on the T100
- Dedicated chassis and suspension set-up, for relaxed and refined riding every day, all day, alone or with a pillion
- Original styling inspired by the legendary ’59 Bonneville, with iconic styling cues, detailing and features
- Both motorcycles feature advanced rider-focused technology for rider control,
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.