Husqvarna Motorcycles has just lifted the cover off TEN new models at the EICMA show in Milan. And it’s the largest display of new bikes since the start of its new era.
With the twin-cylinder NORDEN 901 concept breaking cover, the stirring array of models underline Husqvarna Motorcycles’ growing commitment to the street sector, while highlighting significant new motorsport activities and the ongoing development of all models in terms of performance, technology and design.
Alongside a range of updates, the big news at EICMA is Husqvarna’s new NORDEN 901 concept. The (seemingly) rally raid-inspired twin-cylinder machine is Husqvarna Motorcycles’ first ever tourer – and we’re seriously excited about it. Delving a little deeper, the NORDEN 901 concept is being touted by the factory as a serious versatile long-distance explorer – which delivers both outstanding performance on the street and off-road.
- Slim and light explorer motorcycle
- 889.5 cc parallel twin engine specifically tuned for adventure usage
- Perfect balance between off-road performance and touring ability
- 21” front wheel, 18” rear
- Comfortable ergonomics and confidence inspiring handling
- High quality WP suspension components
FR 250 GP – MOTO 3 RACE MACHINE
Showcasing the brand’s commitment to both the street sector and motorsport, Husqvarna’s getting ready to re-enter the Moto3 World Championship in 2020. Officially supporting the Max Biaggi owned Max Racing Team, here’s a first look at the official FR 250 GP machinery that will be used by Romano Fenati and Alonso Lopez.
VITPILEN 701 AND SVARTPILEN 701
Now in their third and second year of production respectively, Husqvarna’s VITPILEN and SVARTPILEN 701’s get new colours, trim and graphics for 2020. And there are even a few technical updates thrown in too.
- Powerful and torquey 692 cc, 75 hp, 72 Nm, single cylinder engine
- Dynamic, lightweight high-performance chassis
- Spoked wheels as standard
- Striking new graphics, trim and paint finish
- CNC machined footrests
- Up/down Easy Shift
VITPILEN 401 AND SVARTPILEN 401
For 2020, the VITPILEN and SVARTPILEN 401’s get new bolt-on subframes that have been extended by 40 mm for improved pillion comfort – as well as a new, high quality paint finishes and graphics.
- Powerful yet tractable 373 cc, 44 hp, 37 Nm, single cylinder engine
- Extended subframe for increased pillion comfort
- Striking new graphics, trim and paint finishes
- VITPILEN 401: 151 kg without fuel
- SVARTPILEN 401: 152 kg without fuel
- LED headlight and tail light
701 SUPERMOTO / 701 ENDURO / 701 ENDURO LR
Husqvarna’s latest generation 701 SUPERMOTO and 701 ENDURO motorcycles also gets some big updates for 2020. The big news is that they’re kitted out with the latest cutting-edge electronic rider aids including cornering ABS, lean angle sensitive traction control, ride modes and easy shift as standard. There are also some new graphics too.
There’s also a brand new model in the range – called the 701 ENDURO LR (Long Range). It’s essentially the same bike as the 701 Enduro, but it comes with an additional 12-litre auxiliary fuel tank to increase the bikes total fuel capacity to 25 litres.
- New switchable Ride Modes – change power characteristics while riding
- New Bosch cornering ABS – lean angle specific braking technology
- New Easy Shift function – shorter shift times & improved rear wheel traction
- New lean-angle sensitive Motorcycle Traction Control – perfect rear wheel traction
- New graphics & slim bodywork – carefully engineered ergonomics
TE 300i JARVIS EDITION
Finally, there’s a tricked out version of Husky’s TE 300i – and it pays tribute to enduro legend Graham Jarvis. Essentially a styling exercise, the trusty 2-stroke combines electronic fuel injection, smooth power delivery and an extremely nimble chassis with Jarvis’ official Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing graphics. Pretty cool.
- Black frame
- Black seat cover with additional ribs
- Supersprox blue rear sprocket
- Front disc protector
- Blue chain guide
- Grey grips
- Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing graphics
- GOTCHA! Spy shot of Royal Enfield’s 650cc bobber out testing - 22 October 2020
- EPA document confirms Triumph’s working on a NEW Tiger 850 Sport - 22 October 2020
- MotoGP: Rossi tests positive for COVID-19. He WON’T race at this weekend’s Aragon GP. - 16 October 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.