It’s going to be a hugely sexy motorcycle, it’s going to be ultra-limited and it will cost $100,000. It’s going to be dressed like the GP19 MotoGP race bike and it’ll turn the top end of the motorcycle world upside-down.
An image leaked onto the internet and picked up by the GPONE website – which is claimed to be an official Ducati document – shows us that the Ducati will:
- Cost £100,000 in the North American market
- Production will begin this April with just FIVE bikes built a day, deliveries starting in May
- It’ll have a 152kg dry weight
- It’ll have GP19 livery
- It’ll comes with Pirelli race tyres
- Aerodynamic performance from the Biplane wings will be the same as on the GP16 MotoGP machine which means it’ll have 50kg of downforce at 270kmh (that’s 67% MORE than the V4R superbike and a higher amount of downforce than the current GP19 race bike)
- The bodywork is entirely carbon fibre
- The engine is going to kick out 224hp @ 15,250rpm in the standard trim
- Put an Akrapovic system on the bike and it then makes 234hp @ 15,500rpm
- The bike’s frame (both front and rear) are completely carbon fibre units
Enjoy everything More Bikes by reading the monthly newspaper, Read FREE Online.