The Kushitani Elevation (K-0070XX ) race suit is now available to order from Kushitani UK.
Starting from £1879, the high specification leather race suit from Japan is fully customisable in terms of sizing, colours and detailing and is the same model Olie Linsdell will use at the 2014 Isle of Man TT.
As Japanese ‘off the peg’ sizing differs radically to European sizing, Kushitani offers riders two options in order to get a suit that fits them perfectly; ‘Easy Order’and ‘Full Custom Order’.
‘Easy Order’ represents 95% of the Japanese factory’s sales and is extremely simple way to get what is largely a bespoke suit. A downloadable pack is available from the website that contains a sizing chart, colour pallete and instructions on how to accurately get the 19 measurements required for a perfectly fitting suit. To get the fit as exact as possible, the level of detail goes as deep as stating the make and model of back protector used and what other personal preferences are wanted, such as ‘tight’ or ‘loose’ fit.
These details can either be emailed or posted back to Kushitani UK before it is sent to the factory in Hamamatsu, Japan, to be compared to the dimensions of a ‘stock’ suit. The customer then receives a CAD drawing of the actual suit in their colours and other requested details (name etc.) with a final quote of the delivered price. At this point the potential customer can approve the suit, change the design or cancel the order.
The ‘Full Custom Order’ option adds on from ‘Easy Order’, but in this case every panel is made specifically for the customers size.
Olie Linsdell – an official Kushitani UK supported rider for the 2014 racing season – will wear a custom version of the Elevation suit along with the GPR6 gloves. The 26-year old was the winner of the 2013 500cc Classic TT and now prepares for a season spent battling on the roads and short circuits on both modern and classic machinery.
Kushitani became officially available for the first time in the UK this past September, initially offering its leather race suits through a fully customisable service and then followed with a range of gloves.
Steeped in history, the Japanese leather brand is well know for its involvement with some of the leading riders in Grand Prix and Superbike racing over the years, but Road Racing and the Isle of Man TT has a special place in the heart of the Hamamatsu-based company. In 1963, factory Suzuki rider Mitsuo Itoh, who in 1963 became the first and only Japanese rider to win an Isle of Man TT race and he was wearing Kushitani leathers.
- 1.5mm leather (vented). Proto-Core (water resistant) treated
- Pre-stretched leather for optimum racing comfort.
- As used by Olie Linsdell in the 2014 Isle of Man TT
- Detachable smooth-entry polyester mesh inner suit (washable).
- K-Foam protection to clavicle, shoulders, lower back, coccyx.
- Plastic Resin Plated protection to knees.
- MFJ (Motorcycle Federation of Japan) Approved
- Colours (standard): White or Black (pictured) or custom
- Price: from £1879.00
- Buy AND Sell your bike for FREE! Yeah, FREE. Place your ad and shift your stuff in front of more than EIGHT AND A HALF MILLION users. - 3 June 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: How to REPLACE your bike’s HOSES and COOLANT. Episode SIX. MoreBikes NEW motorcycle maintenance VIDEO series. - 1 May 2020
- FETTLING FRIDAY: Episode Five. Replace your bike’s Clutch Plates and Hose. - 24 April 2020
Does this get you revved up? Tell us why...
Subscribe to MoreBikes Newspaper
Get MoreBikes delivered through your letterbox every month. 12 issues for £15. Click here for more information.
Get MoreBikes.co.uk Updates
Enter your e-mail address below and you will receive biking news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.